English Senior Lecturer/Assistant Professor
This position is required for the Fall Semester, commencing 1st, August 2017 and involve the teaching of English at both the associate and bachelor’s levels.
1. Applicants must have a minimum of M.Sc . or M.A. in English from an accredited university at the time of employment; demonstrated ability for outstanding teaching with minimal assistance. A Ph.D. would be preferred for the post of Assistant Professor.
2. Must be able to multi-task and possess the ability to effectively deliver a range of courses in English. The ability to teach in more than one subject area would be a distinct advantage.
3. Knowledge of planning, implementation, management and evaluation of educational courses/programmes.
4. A track record in the maintenance of academic and professional excellence.
5. At least 3 years of proven experience in teaching at the tertiary level.
6. Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and team building skills to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with students and colleagues.
7. Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and varying academic abilities and willingness to provide academic advice is an asset.
8. Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
9. Experience with using a Learning Management System (Blackboard) and a Student Information System (Blackbaud) would be an asset.
The faculty’s role is to professionally manage the learning process and to advise students in achieving and establishing learning objectives in accordance with their goals. The faculty is to make use of all available resources, methods, techniques and strategies, to ensure student success. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a learning environment, which is pedagogically sound, technically supported and innovative in nature. The successful applicant will be required to teach at the certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree levels.
Applications must include (1) cover letter with description of experience relevant to the position, (2) curriculum vitae including a list of references, and (3) a one-page statement of project and teaching interests and experience (4) a list of the existing courses the candidate can teach and proposed new courses the candidate can develop (5) unofficial transcripts of degrees earned. Application deadline is May 5, 2017.
Benefits: Two year renewable contract, medical and pension plan, annual leave.
Senior Lecturer Salary Range CI$ 51 228 - $ 68 652
Assistant Professor Salary Range CI$ 55 752 - $ 74 988
(CI$ 1.00 = US$ 1.20)