Like a lot of great startups, our client started in a rented garage space. Today they are a worldwide industrial leader, serving high-tech industries. Based out of Ankeny, they are seeking a Staff Accountant to work directly with the Controller on day to day and annual Accounting functions. If you have your Bachelor's in Accounting and looking for a well-rounded Accounting opportunity, this is a great match!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with general account analysis and reconciliations. Assist with the month-end close process to support the timely preparation and distribution of the monthly financial statements.
2. Primary responsibility to maintain company fixed asset records by updating fixed asset software for additions/disposals, maintaining the appropriate supporting documentation and preparation of the monthly depreciation/amortization entries.
3. Primary responsibility for job costing of tooling projects. Responsible for review of purchase orders and labor records assigned to tooling projects for accuracy, reasonableness and proper classification. Primary responsibility to input certain data into tooling projects for metric purposes.
4. Responsible for rolling updated standard costs into inventory on a semi-monthly basis.
5. Primary responsibility for daily customer invoicing including maintaining, updating and reconciling the tooling deposits spreadsheet on a daily basis.
6. Process monthly Expense Reports including reviewing information for accuracy and completeness, as well as data import of information into IQMS.
7. Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly production reports including press down-time, press utilization, scrap yield, press to direct labor hours, and others as assigned. Prepare and distribute weekly backlog and on-time shipping reports. Assist in the maintenance and reporting of other metrics on a monthly basis.
8. Assist with the preparation of payroll on a bi-weekly basis including the uploading of data to ADP and reviewing the payroll clerk's entries for accuracy and completeness. Reconcile payroll and benefit costs to the general ledger on a payroll or monthly basis.
9. Serves as primary backup to Accounting Clerk for accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and Personal Characteristics:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with at least three years of experience in accounting and/or auditing. A combination of public and manufacturing experience is preferred. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. CPA certification is preferred.
2. Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including experience in the use of pivot tables, data tables, macros and other advanced Excel functions.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Must have strong problem solving skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to understand interrelated business and accounting relationships.
5. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and a professional relationship with internal and external customers.
6. Has a strong belief in quality products and effective, excellent customer service.
7. Has a strong belief in team work and collaboration.
8. Must be organized and detail-oriented. Must be able to thrive in a fast-moving, evolving, high growth environment.
Des Moines, IA
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:14:12 PDT