Manager, Consolidated Financial Reporting
The Corporate Reporting Close unit of Finance is responsible for ensuring an accurate and timely financial close process for XL Group as well as participating in the ongoing creation and improvement of the various systems that support this process.
As a Manager of Consolidated Financial Reporting, you will be responsible for preparing and running processes to generate the Company's quarterly consolidated financial statements including the "management accounts," balance sheet and income statement used in the 10-K or 10-Q. You will liaise with the local and segment financials team around the globe, investor relations, Framework of Internal Controls (FIC), internal audit as well as external auditors. You will also work closely with the other members of the Corporate Close Team, the SEC / Accounting policy team as well as the HFM support in preparing the 10Q and 10K for filing.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Generating the consolidated financial statements for the Group, including the "management accounts," and 10Q & 10K schedules, income statement (IS), balance sheet (BS) and selected footnote disclosures using the Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) or other tools.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop the corporate close calendar. Ensure all dates are appropriate and alignment with their close processes. Distribute to the user community.
- Overall responsibility for intercompany process including investigating out of balances, ensuring the BS and IS are within FIC tolerances and preparing quarterly memo to explain group position.
- Ensuring compliance with the FIC controls and preparing adequate documentation of the execution of these controls. Liaising with the Company's internal and external auditors re: FIC controls and other quarterly deliverables, and maintaining business unit and segment checklists.
- Developing into a HFM super user for corporate and provide ad hoc analysis of variances/results as requested by Vice President of Finance or field questions regarding functionality of the product by other stakeholders.
- Researching accounting issues as needed (i.e., interacting with local controllers, generating queries or AD-Hoc analysis) to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements.
- Preparing and/or validating financial information provided to internal and external stakeholders upon request (i.e quarterly earnings scripts, external surveys).
- Perform all or parts of the following departmental deliverables: Press release, Fin Comm, Trends, Financial Supplement, SUM schedule, SAB99 memo.
- Special projects as requested.
You will report to the Vice President, Financial Reporting Manager.
XL Catlin is a global insurance and Reinsurance Company providing property, casualty and specialty products to industrial, commercial and professional firms, insurance companies and other enterprises on a worldwide basis. The company has 7000 employees with offices in 100 locations serving clients in more than 30 countries.
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:24:06 PDT