Looking for a new career, why not join Peterson Manufacturing's Engineering team! We are currently seeking a qualified Designer to interpret and execute the company's product designs and provide highly specialized services within each assignment. Additionally, the Designer may be assigned full engineering responsibility for the graphic aspects of a design or project.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A.A., or equivalent, with emphasis in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Electro-Mechanical Design, with at least 3 years of experience designing injection molded plastic parts preferred.
- Familiarity with G, D & T dimensioning ANSI 14.5
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes used by the company
- Experience using 3D CAD design and experience with Solidworks preferred
- Ability to learn and understand federal and state laws, as well as the content and meaning of all SAE, FMVSS, and ANSI standards applicable to Peterson products
- Demonstrated proficiency, foresight and judgment in the resolution of design problems
- Ability to act independently as well as working cohesively in a team setting, and with all company associates
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An inquisitive attitude, good mechanical aptitude, and strong self- starter
- Ability to supervise other Designers and Draftsmen, when required " ,
- Ability to work with a product concept and develop a completed assembly drawing, detailed drawings, specifications, and product release
- Duties are performed out of Peterson Manufacturing's offices and manufacturing facilities
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office and manufacturing facilities
- Must be able to communicate with others (internal and external) and must be able to exchange accurate information in all situations
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. Peterson Manufacturing does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Relocation negotiable.
Peterson Manufacturing Company is an international firm and one of the leading manufacturers of truck, trailer, and automotive lighting equipment, mirrors, and other transportation related products with a reputation for providing quality products, innovation, timely delivery, competitive pricing, honesty, and integrity.
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:45:06 PDT