City College, a private, non-profit college is currently seeking motivated, results-oriented, passionate and energetic individuals who can work in a fast paced environment and are committed to changing lives through the power of education.
Now Hiring an Academic Clerk for our Altamonte Springs Campus!
The Academic Clerk should be detail-oriented, efficient in handling a magnitude of sensitive documents, be multi-task oriented, have ability to prioritize, and be proficient in computerized data entry and word processing.
- Understand and implement the college’s mission, philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest standards of regulatory compliance.
- Assist the Registrar in responding to requests for information from students, staff and faculty.
- Process start files by verifying test scores, entrance requirements and contracts.
- Initiate and log outgoing high school and college transcript requests.
- Log incoming transcript requests and forward to Registrar.
- Request checks for outgoing transcript requests.
- Log receipt of incoming high school and college transcripts.
- Follow up weekly on unanswered transcript requests by mail, phone, etc.
- Forward problem transcript requests to the Registrar.
- Audit drop/grad files to verify appropriate contents, including attendance/academic histories.
- Collect and log orders for supplies; prepare purchase orders for supplies and submit.
- Upon approval, call in order or go pick up order.
- Distribute supply orders; track inventory of supplies.
- Run student progress report for each enrolled student prior to scheduling each quarter.
- Update scheduling grids by program prior to scheduling each quarter.
- Prepare and duplicate pre-scheduling forms prior to scheduling.
- Assist inputting of continuing student, start and restart student schedules.
- Assist Registrar posting daily attendance.
- Audit attendance for withdrawals and drops.
- Update student information, phone numbers and addresses on CLAS.
- Each quarter/mid-quarter, transfer attendance from temporary to permanent rosters.
- Prepare and post notices for test-outs.
- Collect and alphabetize grade sheets at the end of each quarter.
- Prepare and mail report cards.
- Perform clerical duties including filing, typing and relieving the receptionist.
- Assist Registrar, Director of Education, Vice President/Executive Director, and President with special project as required.
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s Degree preferred
- Must have computer skills
- Excellent communications skills
- This work requires the following physical activities: walking, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motion, talking, hearing and visual acuity
For consideration, click “Apply Now” to submit your resume today!
These are on-campus positions – Local candidates only.
Nondiscrimination Statement: City College admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the institution. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other institutionally administered programs.
For more information, visit us online at: www.CityCollege.edu