Software Process Improvement Engineer
SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE.
The Software Process Improvement Engineer is responsible for execution of day to day activities relative to Engineering Quality Assurance functions within NSNADC. The Software Process Improvement Engineer will coordinate activities with internal and external groups to ensure proper engineering processes and methods are being followed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of engineering process related documents and ensure processes are in conformance with industry standards.
- Monitor every phase of the software development process to ensure design quality by confirming development team's adherence to NSNADC engineering standards.
- Performs periodic audits to ensure process adherence.
- Track, monitor, and report on the status of quality and process improvement efforts.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with system and software engineers to plan and install new processes and/or process improvements to existing practices.
- Organize and arrange for training or continued education related to process improvements.
Formal Education and certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Software Engineering or similar discipline required.
Knowledge and experience:
- At least three years of engineering experience, preferably in software development.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Basic Knowledge of Automotive SPICE and/or CMMI.
- Japanese language skill preferred
Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/ Results Driven
Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/ Decision Making
Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management
Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team work
Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
Travel: up to 10%; domestic and/or international
Availability: Monday-Friday, Normal Business Hours. Off-hours as needed.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
N.S. International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
See Job Description
N.S. International, Ltd. is a tier one supplier of Instrument Cluster and Head-Up Display systems to many major automotive OEMs including: General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Honda and BMW. NSI supplies other parts and equipment including fuel gauges, speedometers, tachometers, and a variety of other gauges to Harley Davidson, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Suzuki and others.
N.S. International, Ltd. houses a team of professionals who provide face-to-face support to our customers covering the complete product life cycle. Our onsite expertise includes: Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Design Engineering and Program Management.
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 20:04:12 PDT