Psychology Professor - Adjunct
Position type: Adjunct
Salary: Depends on credit hours
Opens: April 19, 2017
Closes: Open until filled - Fall Quarter 2017
Location: Main Campus; Olympia, WA
Ability to teach a range of Psychology courses, including General Psychology, Social Psychology, Lifespan Psychology, Psychology of Human Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Human Sexuality and Personality Theories. Courses typically meet four to five days per week.
- Place student success at the center of all decision-making.
- Engage with students, faculty, staff and administrators to create a community of learners.
- Seek opportunities for teaching and learning excellence.
- Embrace change, risk-taking and innovation.
- Respect the richness of diverse cultural values, beliefs and practices of others.
- Contribute to the technical and general education of students who will apply learning to the world of work and transfer their education to a university.
- Master’s degree in Psychology or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated experience teaching at the college level. Experience in integrated teaching and learning.
Please include a response to the following question to be considered for the position, not to exceed one page.
- Please describe your guiding principles as they relate to teaching and learning practices.
*Applicants will be asked to do a teaching scenario during interview process*
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Completed SPSCC Employment Application
- Letter of formal application that specifically addresses your ability to perform the essential functions described in this announcement.
- Resume of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications.
- Responses to the Supplemental Question listed above, not to exceed one page.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Send application materials via one of the delivery methods below- email is preferred:
Mail: Human Resource Office
South Puget Sound Community College
2011 Mottman Road SW
Olympia, WA 98512
Fax: (360) 596-5706
Apply for Psychology Professor - Adjunct
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly