Jr. Field Engineer
California Push Technologies Inc. (CPT Inc.), a world leader in geotechnical site investigation services, is seeking a full time Jr. Field Engineer. Working as a contractor within the industries of infrastructure, construction, and mining, the Jr. Field Engineer is responsible for the safe, efficient and accurate operation of geotechnical and geophysical site investigation equipment.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Jr. Field Engineer is given significant responsibility and is tasked with the smooth and accurate execution of various projects, from deployment of equipment to data acquisition and submission. He or she will work closely with equipment operators, gaining hands-on experience with unique heavy machinery and a sophisticated suite of geotechnical instruments in a variety of environments. The Jr. Field Engineer will assume numerous other roles ranging from Operator, to Project Coordinator, and Data Analyst as the ever-changing demands of the workplace dictate.
A successful candidate must have well-developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarize with and operate CPTu equipment, VST, sampling systems, numerous geophysical instruments and other in-situ testing equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist the operator when necessary and perform general rig duties as required.
- Organize logistics for the mobilization and demobilization of equipment in hard-to-access environments.
- Perform routine maintenance on various pieces of equipment to ensure optimal performance.
Data Collection & Reporting
- Perform testing to collect data in a timely, orderly and accurate manner.
- Compile the collected data, sample logs, etc. on a daily basis and submit to the Supervisor and/or client for further processing.
- Collect field notes and photos to guarantee the translation of data from field to office is as highly accurate as possible.
- Assist with the preparation and compiling of the final field report.
Health & Safety
- Identify with and respect CPT Inc.'s safety culture.
- Ensure proper preparation and knowledge of all necessary safe operating procedures before beginning any job.
- Report any safety-related incidents, infractions, or near misses to the Project Manager immediately.
- Know and follow the incident reporting protocols at all times.
Other General Responsibilities
- Communicate with the Supervisor or Project Manager with regards to the day's tasks ahead, any equipment problems, any equipment or logistical needs, any data problems, or field observations.
- Perform other office and shop functions as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil, Geological or Mining Disciplines) or in Geology / Geophysics required
- Previous field experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, in particular Excel
- Basic electrical and mechanical skills are an asset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to represent the company in a professional manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Responsible individual who works well both independently with minimal supervision and in a team setting
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Must enjoy working outdoors and travelling for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver's license. Preference will be given to candidates with a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL - Class A).
CPT Inc. provides specialty geotechnical site investigation services and operates a fleet of site investigation equipment to provide an extensive suite of testing services related to geotechnical, infrastructure, marine, and mine tailings site characterization.
We are a small but growing team, with lots of opportunities for employees to grow with the company. You can expect to work long hours, and to be asked to work hard. At the same time, we will take care of you - we do all we can to make the work environment comfortable and enjoyable. We commit to all employees that we will provide a respectful, positive and enriching work environment. We want you to look forward to going to work every day. We pay fairly and reward and recognize staff for exceptional contributions to the company.
Our compensation package is attractive. We will offer you paid travel expenses and paid travel time for out of town projects. CPT Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full time employees including extended health and 401k. We also offer a wellness program, a referral bonus, along with approved professional development and training.
San Leandro, CA
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 17:09:26 PDT