The Field Service Technician will be working in a fast-paced environment, providing a range of installations; moves/adds/changes, service, rollouts, and special projects, store upgrades, break fix service in support of multiple clients, under the direction of a Telaid Project Manager, Field Service QC or Field Service Supervisor. The Field Service Technician will be responsible for overall quality of service, installations, regional rollouts, and break fix service through on-site involvement on projects. After hours project coverage and travel will be required.
- Conduct on-site field surveys at customer premises to scope customer work as needed.
- Perform installation and service work on customer site, as necessary and assigned.
- Install, terminate and test low voltage cables to BICSI standards
- Install cable systems to meet customer requirements
- Provide support and direction to other technicians in the field
- Provide project management oversight in the field during service, major projects and rollouts.
- Serve as technical liaison between Telaid and Client locations in your assigned area. Resolve issues at the lowest level; escalate issues as required to ensure client satisfaction.
- Manage to project assigned hours
- Maintain company vehicle, if assigned.
- Provide Telaid Project Manager, Field Service Supervisor with daily written reports and updates as needed and directed
- Complete administrative job requirements in a timely fashion
- Conduct other work-related duties as assigned.
Candidate must have:
- A minimum of 5 years of multiple skill sets listed, Voice & Data, CCTV, Security, Fire, Burg, Cabling hands-on field experience and/or cabling project management experience.
- Proven market understanding and install development techniques
- Directed large jobs.
- Excellent customer communication and rapport building skills
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to think ahead and plan the appropriate solution
- Strong technical background with solid history of delivery outstanding timely results
- Team player
- A self-starter with initiative and problem solving skills to run field projects with minimum direction. Must have self-control to handle stress and provide exceptional customer service. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task and availability to work outside of normal scheduled work hours and ability to travel to achieve quality and schedule demands required.
For over 30 years, Telaid has been managing large, multi-site technology deployments for some of the largest organizations across North America. We understand the unique challenges associated with these initiatives and provide the skills, knowledge, and experience to ensure your project is completed on time, on budget, and at the highest levels of quality.
As a privately held company, Telaid Industries, Inc. has the ability to make quick decisions and operational changes to meet the demands of the client. We have a strong reputation for being the ones to get the job done. Over the years, this has allowed us to build trusting and reliable relationships both with clients and within our company. We pride ourselves on being agile, responsive, consistent, and an ally to our clients and partners. These values are evident in everything we do and everyone we employ.
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 09:09:16 PDT