Systems Admin/Programmer V
System Administrator/Programmer V
Infrastructure and Communication Technology (ICT) within UF Information Technology (UFIT) has multiple openings for experienced Linux, Windows, Storage/Virtualization and Database Administrators interested in applying their technical expertise to fast-paced, customer-focused production support and development environments. These environments run in a LEED certified data center housing several thousand servers and petabytes of storage.
As part of the ICT group, you will lead medium to large-sized projects and direct teams responsible for maintenance, installation, configuration, and deployment of advanced hardware and software systems. You and your team will participate in managing UF Data Centers and delivering hosted server, storage, virtualization, database, email or related systems. These systems connect University of Florida campuses and research sites to the world via high-speed data, video, WI-FI, telecommunications, and VoIP services.
These roles provide opportunities to architect and design advanced system solutions, define enterprise standards, recommend new initiatives, and help UFIT align with industry trends. You'll also collaborate with managers and technical peers and serve as a vital mentor to junior colleagues.
UF is one of the nation's top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Plus, UF is located in Gainesville, one of Florida's most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what's happening here and want you to be a part of it.
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
$108,000-$118,000, commensurate with qualifications.
UF has a generous benefits package, including professional development.
To qualify, the applicant must have completed a Bachelor's degree and have six years of relevant experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience, but does not negate the minimum requirement of a Bachelor's degree.
Preferred candidates for any of these roles will have the following qualifications:
- Advanced experience in Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Kerberos or Active Directory
- Advanced experience in web servers (WebLogic, Apache or equivalent)
- Advanced knowledge of project and risk management methods and techniques
- Expertise in virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) (VMware View or equivalent)
- Expertise is hardware/software firewalls (Symantec Endpoint Protection, Trend or equivalent)
- Expertise in monitoring applications (Systems Center Operations Manager, OEM, Tripwire, Nessus or equivalent)
For the indicated roles, we also seek the following qualifications:
- Expertise in Microsoft (MS) Windows operating system installation and support procedures
- Expertise in MS Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, and Office productivity tools
- Expertise in Active Directory Domain Name Service (AD DS)
- Expertise in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Expertise in automated patching (Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Trend Micro or equivalent)
- Expertise with Linux or Unix operating system installation and support procedures
- Familiarity with Github, Docker, Bitbucket a plus
- Expertise in enterprise backup systems (Tivoli Storage Management (TSM)/Tivoli Data Protection (TDP)
- Expertise in storage area network (SAN) networking and storage technologies, including storage management tools (Brocade Switch Software, Hitachi and International Business Machines (IBM) storage array management software, Hitachi Storage Service Manager (HSSM), EMC Data Domain), fiber switch management, storage allocation, zoning, and logical unit (LUN) security concepts
- Expertise in virtual local area network (VLAN) concepts for cluster private interconnect technology
- Expertise in load-balancing technology (including Cisco and F5 devices)
- Experience in system database administration with Oracle and My Structured Query Language (MySQL)/Microsoft Structured Query Language (MS-SQL) (including database installation, upgrades, backup and recovery, monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, capacity planning, and configuration management)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This requisition will be used to fill multiple positions.
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: