Tax Solutions Engineer
We are currently looking for a contract Tax Solutions Engineer to provide technical, tax and legal expertise for our client's internal and external software applications and products. This resource will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of internal tools and other processes to enhance the productivity of the team and other related entities in order to meet particular customer or industry specific needs.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and support for testing and implementing systems and/or process changes to support increased efficiencies or conformance with tax rules.
- Assist in developing requirements for new tax functionality.
- Assist in providing Strategic Direction to anticipate jurisdictional policy statements and possible trends for future approaches to taxability.
- Possesses the capability to understand complex tax and case law and provide recommendations to tax and nontax personnel.
- Determine how expected tax results or rules impact products regarding the addition of new content or the maintenance of existing content.
- Structure complex tax content within our client's products in a logical manner that is consistent with system architecture and platforms.
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of tools by:
- Analyzing and identifying the requirements and needs of the team as it relates to tax content.
- Collaborating with the members of the team to assist in approaches to taxability findings and help in the awareness of how data should be used by tax professionals so that it can be structured for the various product lines.
- Working with the team to identify pain points and recommend effective solutions.
- Create, design and review with customers to ensure tools will meet their needs.
- Implement and unit test solutions.
- Gather, prioritize and respond to internal and external customers' defect and enhancement requests on tools.
- Evaluate and recommend third-party tools to increase productivity of staff.
- Assist in providing training, troubleshooting and other support for newly implemented and enhanced applications.
- Identify future risks regarding content and contribute to the deployment of the mitigation plan for such risks.
- Perform regression testing and/or monitor results from monthly update processes.
- Perform and/or monitor end to end testing of transactions from rules creation, through taxability determination and calculations, exports to returns and review of compliance reporting.
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation of the processes for technology connections to research activities and tax data content.
- Ensure interaction of internal data feeds to various customer software.
Education & Training:
- 7+ years experience in tax and/or technology.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Successful completion of courses in the related tax disciples that can lead to Tax and/or Technical Certifications from recognized institutions that provide certifications, e.g. Certified Public Accountant / Charter Accountant, VAT Compliance Diploma (Tolleys), Project Management, other Microsoft Certifications; Certified Member of The Institute for Professionals in Taxation (for Sales Tax, Property Tax, and Income Tax).
- Understanding of both the business processes and technical knowledge of the system processing and related business practices.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of relational database concepts and the related modeling and implementation tools; this requires the ability to understand data modeling and the table structures of our client's software applications and internal tools.
- Ability to collaborate on the design and development of internal applications and/or database systems.
- Current knowledge of tax law and policies and how they could apply to the client's software.
- Ability to apply broad expertise or knowledge to contribute to development of company objectives and principles to resolve complex issues in creative ways.
King of Prussia, PA
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:20:53 PDT