Director of Student Accounts
Interested applicants are asked to apply by April 28, 2017.
The Director of Student Accounts maintains overall managerial responsibility for the Student Accounts Office, which includes student loans (federal Perkins/Wesleyan), cashiering and the University one-card functions. The Director serves as functional manager for the Student Financials area of the Student/Faculty Information System (SFIS) as well as real-time integrated service with the payment/billing vendor.
• Oversee all aspects of Student Accounts, including the billing process, contact with parents and students, cash flow (billing and receipt of payments); the relationship with outside servicers (bank, payment plan agency, electronic bill and payment agency, collection agencies) and the interaction with other University departments. Supervise a staff of three.
• Maintain information within the Student Financials area of SFIS reviewing all information relating to student status that would affect billing. Oversee processing of all transactions posted to the system and manage testing during PeopleSoft patches and upgrades.
• Supervise a staff of three that handle student loans, cashiering functions and WesCard, the University onecard system. Student loan duties typically include relationships with outside servicers (billing agencies, collection agencies, attorneys), interpret federal regulations, and complete the Perkins Loan section of the annual federal FISAP report. Cashiering involves deposits for funds received from all other University departments. The WesCard office creates student IDs and manages the meal plan and door access security.
• Handle all interfaces with the Financial Aid Office, including tracking receipt of outside funding sources through the general ledger, posting payments on accounts, weekly private loan drawdowns as well as disbursements of institutional and federal funds
• Process monthly billing invoices in PeopleSoft and submissions to vendor for e-billing statement generation. Manage and reconcile all monthly payment plan transactions
• Maintain enrollment process, including “holds” each semester and adjustments for students with enrollment changes. Work with students and families regarding payment challenges
• Responsible for annual reporting and audits, including 1098T, 1099K and Form 8300 reporting, as necessary, to the IRS. Responsible for annual documentation during A-133 and state single audits
• Manage the Prior Year (bad debt) account, including collection on recent enrollment changes and interfaces with collection agencies on older accounts
• Manage the Independent 529 processing and pre-payment set up
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree with five years of progressively responsible higher education experience in student financial services. Demonstrated ability to work independently, research problems, and provide solutions both technical and non-technical. Prior supervisory experience. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment.
Experience with PeopleSoft (Student Financials, Student Records and Query)
Competencies (Select 4-7) Creativity and innovation, Functional/technical skills, Problem solving, Respects diversity, Teamwork/collaboration, Commitment to sustainability Management Competencies (Select 4-7) Build effective teams, Innovation management, Manage and measure work, Project management