Research Programs Specialist - CUNY School of Medicine
Reporting directly to the Associate Dean for Scientific Affairs and Research, the Research Programs Specialist at the CUNY School of Medicine will be responsible for a broad range of pre- and post-award activities related to research funding.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support to investigators in their pursuit of research activities while ensuring compliance with federal, College/University and private sponsor regulations, terms and conditions.
- Provide support for all externally funded research and other sponsored project activities.
- Interface with faculty and administrative staff to facilitate grants and contracts planning, program development, and administration.
- Provide pre- and post-award services necessary for application and management of externally funded projects.
- Serve as the single point of contact.
- Prepare budgets and other sponsor forms.
- Review proposals and coordinate online proposal submission.
- Interpret sponsor guidelines and CUNY/CCNY policies.
- Respond to requests from sponsoring agencies.
- Assist with subcontract issuance and negotiations.
- Provide guidance on Research Foundation of CUNY account management.
- Assist with sponsor agency requirements and documentation, including sponsored project data collection, progress reports, budget modifications, carry-forward and no cost extensions.
- Communicate with sponsor during life cycle of the award.
- Coordinate with RF-CUNY project administrators for preparing periodic/annual fiscal reports.
- Assist with non-financial aspects of award close-out.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required. Experience administering external grants and research programs is necessary, along with willingness to learn and adhere to Research Foundation and CUNY policies.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists in the administration of College research programs.
- Organizes and manages the requirements of existing funded projects and prepares preliminary materials for grant submission
- Collects information for, and assists in preparing reports, manuscripts for publication, newsletters, web sites, and other communications
- Plans, designs and coordinates interdisciplinary information and research planning sessions and professional development activities for faculty and staff
- May oversee one or more facilities, participating in budgeting, planning, and monitoring, and assuring availability of needed tools and equipment
- Serves as a consultant and resource to faculty and staff on planning and administering research projects
- Performs related activities as assigned.
Job Title Name: Research Programs Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16327) or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
Open until filled with review of applications to begin March 15, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: Research Programs Specialist - CUNY School of Medicine
Job ID: 16327
Full/Part Time: Full-Time