Department Name Campus Card Services
Campus or Location Jerry Sue Thornton Center
Vacancy Number 215-17
Reports To Manager
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Full-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Provides direct customer service to all guests, visitors, students, faculty, staff and vendors to the applicable Tri-C campus or office building.
• Welcomes and acknowledge all guests, visitors, students & vendors according to College standards; anticipates and addresses service needs
• Responds to inquiries on behalf of the campus utilizing student focused interpersonal skills, and assists as required
• Effectively handles all inbound and outbound phone calls in a pleasant, customer-service oriented manner
• Ensures Concierge desk and lobby area appears neat and professional, and is fully stocked with information including College maps, brochures and event literature
• Attends all College meetings as assigned
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Associate's Degree
o Significant related experience may substitute for education
• Minimum of two years of experience in a customer service oriented role
• Demonstrated experience making sound decisions that affect a work unit or team
• Demonstrated experience in a role requiring diverse problem solving methods in a variety of situations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Possess basic knowledge of customer service concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use in varied situations
• Possess strong organizational and time-management skills
• Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to foster a team environment and work collaboratively
• Ability to research and analyze issues and develop solutions
• Ability to work accurately with great attention to detail
• Demonstrated basic proficiency with Ad Astra or equivalent room scheduling program
• Demonstrated basic proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to confidentially and discreetly handle subject matters requiring privacy and sensitivity
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key contacts to enhance work flow and quality
• Possess sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
• Service Focus
• Quality of Work
VERY IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES
• Time Utilization
• Continuous Improvement
Standard College hours of business Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5pm.
Hours may vary based on business unit needs. May be required to participate in special events.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
Posting Open Date 04/18/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency
- Other publication
- Other web site
- Career Fair
- * Do you have an Associate degree or higher?
- * Do you have a minimum of two years of experience in a customer service oriented role?
Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae