Assistant Professor of Nursing
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
1. Oversee the operations of the LPN Program at Pierpont's Braxton County facility and Advanced Technology Center.
2. Serve as Coordinator of the LPN program.
3. Collaborate with the program Advisory Board.
4. Conduct preliminary planning for a CNA program.
5. Coordinate, develop, instruct and assess appropriate courses in the LPN program.
6. Serve on school and college wide committees.
7. Attend school, faculty meetings and in-service programs.
8. Exhibit professional and scholarly growth.
9. Participate in recruitment and retention of students.
10. Evaluate adjunct faculty.
11. Maintain scheduled office and classroom hours.
12. Serve as an effective academic advisor.
13. Serve as liaison between Pierpont and its partners in the Health Careers center at Braxton County.
14. Prepare updated curriculum as necessary.
15. Conduct faculty searches.
16. Complete program assessment.
17. Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of the School of Health Careers.
All applicants MUST complete an online application; paper applications cannot be accepted.
Please note that candidates invited to interview are required to bring copies of all academic transcripts to the interview event.
Anticipated Hire Date August, 2017 Required Applicant Documents
Helpful Hints Resume
Statement of Philosophy
Minimum Required Education: BSN degree required; MSN preferred Required Licenses and/or Certifications: Current WV licensure as a registered nurse Type and Amount of Experience Needed: At least three years of recent clinical experience as a registered nurse, including two years of patient side nursing care experience in an acute, intermediate or long term care clinical facility and one year experience in either teaching, supervision or administration.
Evidence of current continuing education.
College teaching experience preferred.