Working Title: Admissions Analyst
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Admissions Records and Registration
Division: Academic Affairs and Research
Proposed Salary Range: $21,827.00
Position Summary: The Admissions Analyst II is responsible for the review and evaluation of applications of admission to an institution of higher education. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Inputs and processes applications checking for accuracy and completeness of information. Makes necessary corrections
- Assigns file numbers, reviews,and indexes forms, test scores, processing fees, transcripts and health records for compliance with laws and regulations.
- Calculates g.p.a. and assesses documents to determine student eligibility. Assigns admission decsion.
- Assist students, counselors, and parents with the admission process in person, by email and on the phone.
- Maintains a procedure manual.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Ossasional late nights and weekends.
Other: Prospective students and their families. High school counserlors, facutly and staff on-campus.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of admissions office procedures and general computer usage.
Knowledge of university admissions policies and procedures.
Ability to operate office equipment.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma, plus two years of experience in institution admissions, documentation review, or a related field.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.