10001718 Cyber Information Assurance, Graduate School - Adjunct Faculty
Cyber Information Assurance
The Graduate School
Location: Multiple sites in the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia areas as well as Online
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach in the Cybersecurity & Information Assurance Program.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity or a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Professional experience in Digital Forensics, Cyber Law, Network Security, or Software Assurance & Security.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Terminal degree (Ph.D, Ed.D., etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience teaching adult learners and distance education is highly preferred.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMUC—one of 11 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)—is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First," and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMUC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMUC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMUC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMUC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMUC
UMUC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
- Actively engage students though frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
Faculty Training at UMUC
We are committed to your professional success at UMUC. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online two-week new faculty orientation, FacDev 411, as a condition of hire.
Position Available and will Remain Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience