Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001115 Academic Title: Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Rank: Professor, Associate Professor Administrative Title: Discipline Nursing Specialty: Contract Type: With Tenure, Tenure Track, Non-Tenure Track, Renewable Appointment (initial appt period) - 07/01/2017-06/30/2020 Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, This position requires a licensure, certification, or special requirements Proposed Start Date: 07/01/2017 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The George Washington School of Nursing invites applications and nominations for a Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs to join the leadership of a young and developing nursing school. Reporting to the Dean, the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs is the Chief Academic Officer for the School of Nursing and works to advance the quality and integrity of its academic programs, including providing strategic vision for the curricula, developing processes and procedures to support accreditation processes and overseeing all program planning and program assessment.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Associate Dean is a senior academic leader, researcher, and collaborator with the following responsibilities:
• Oversees the academic programs. Oversight includes responsibility for daily operations, strategic planning, faculty development, curriculum revision, program development, student and program assessment, and student services.
• Works in close partnership with the other School of Nursing academic and administrative leaders to implement process improvements, planning and program decisions.
• Monitors the academic policies and procedures of the School, participates in curricular matters including the development of new programs of study and new academic departments, and provides leadership for accreditation processes and reports as required by federal, state, and nursing regulatory and accrediting bodies.
• Submits or facilitates the submission of funding proposals to support academic programs and educational research.
• Represents the School of Nursing on University committees and at national nursing organizations as appropriate.
• Leads School of Nursing initiatives in support of innovation in pedagogy, curriculum and instructional design.
• Ensures compliance with University academic policies.
• Recognizes and supports faculty development needs required to foster student-centered and evidence-based teaching and learning.
• Collaborates with the Office of Enrollment Management & Student Services to gather student outcomes data that informs program effectiveness such as admissions and retention data.
• Guides routine assessment activities and working closely with the Evaluation Committee to ensure progress in the School's Evaluation Plan.
• Maintains a program of research or scholarship.
• Administers the student grade appeals process for the Dean of the School.
• Advises and supports the Dean, performing additional duties as needed.
• Doctorate in Nursing, Public Health, Education or a related field, in addition to a graduate degree in nursing;
• Eight to ten years of senior administrative leadership experience in higher education;
• Ability to obtain an unencumbered license in the District of Columbia and Virginia is required, as is the willingness and ability to travel between Washington, DC and Ashburn, VA campuses;
• History of sustained excellence in teaching, clinical practice, and evidence of scholarly achievement, including research funding, refereed publications, and national/international professional presentations;
• Demonstrated evidence of significant professional engagement in work at the national level related to nursing education or research;
• Experience working collaboratively and effectively with faculty, students, administration, and staff;
• Demonstrated ability to advance the university's and school's commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching, and outreach with relevant program, goals, and activities;
• Flexible and adaptable working style and the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines;
• And experience setting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating academic priorities and initiatives.
Please complete an online application and upload a CV and letter of interest. Review of materials will begin on May 3, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
All inquiries, nominations, and applications for this position will be kept in the strictest confidence. References will not be contacted without applicants' prior notification.
All faculty hiring decisions will be contingent upon final approval by the Provost.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/42661
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of a Master's degree in Nursing?
- * Do you have a doctorate in nursing, education, public health or related field?
- * Are you eligible for unencumbered nursing license in DC and VA?
- * Do you have a minimum of 8-10 years of senior administrative leadership experience in higher education?
- * Do you possess the willingness and ability to travel between GW's Washington, DC and Ashburn, VA campuses?
- * Do you have experience setting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating academic priorities and initiatives?
- * Do you have a flexible and adaptable working style and the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines?
- * Do you possess a demonstrated ability to advance the university's and school's commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching, and outreach with relevant program, goals, and activities?
- * Do you have experience working collaboratively and effectively with faculty, students, administration, and staff?
- * Can you provide evidence of significant professional engagement in work at the national level related to nursing education or research?
- * Do you have a history of sustained excellence in teaching, clinical practice, and evidence of scholarly achievement, including research funding, refereed publications, and national/international professional presentations?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter