Admissions Officer, Market
Job Profile Summary
Under general supervision, Admissions Officers (Market) are responsible for handling all aspects of the student recruitment and 1st term success efforts in a fast-paced, service and compliance-driven environment. This position is responsible for helping individuals interested in attending Strayer enroll in the University and successfully complete their 1st term. By responding to inquiries, interviewing prospective students over the phone and in person, conducting campus tours, walking students through the entire application and enrollment process and continuously following up with and supporting students during their first academic term, the Admission Officer (Market) will play a vital role in student retention and success. This also includes partnering with other functions to provide prospective and newly enrolled students with the best possible experience as they move forward in their decision to pursue their education with Strayer University.
- Effectively respond to prospective student inquiries.
- Set up face-to-face and/or phone interview appointments and conduct campus tours as appropriate.
- Interview prospective students to determine their educational background and future goals and objectives.
- Educate prospective students on the benefits of attending Strayer University, including our high-quality academic programs, convenient locations, flexible online and on-campus course offerings, and recommend appropriate course(s) of study.
- Assist prospective students with the application process and review qualifications for admission.
- Enroll new students and ensure appropriate basis of admission is obtained, all prerequisites are satisfied, and previous college transcripts are ordered if applicable.
- Ensure prospective students' admissions files are complete and assist students with initial registration process.
- Maintain contact prior to the start of class to ensure student preparedness and early success.
- Develop meaningful partnerships with students to help guide them through their 1st term.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including SAS, SFS, Academics, and the University Registrar's Office.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent highly preferred.
- 2-5 years proven customer service and/or sales experience highly preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and have a focus on informing and assisting prospective students, and maintaining high ethical standards and attention to compliance with University policies and regulations.
- Must possess the energy and determination necessary to provide valuable and timely services to prospective and newly enrolling students
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Typical office setting
- Must be able to travel 10 % of time
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.