Course Writer-Generation Code - part time-1
Create high-quality, engaging kid-friendly curriculum in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) topics for elementary, middle and/or high school students.
- Develop project based, individualized curriculum around a variety of computer science, coding, and STEM topics.
- Carefully design course materials and resources, including instructor guides, student resources, and coding challenges.
- Consistently implement detailed feedback from the Strayer@Work team on curriculum design, development, and editing.
- From a regionally accredited institution; Bachelor's degree required
- At least three years of prior related work experience (e.g. design work in online learning, completed high quality curriculum design on time) in k-12 education and/or coding.
- Expertise in one or more of the following:
- Front-end web development
- Back-end web development
- iOs App development
- Android App development
- AP Computer Science
- LEGO Robotics
- Computer Animation
- Advanced WebDesign
- Mastery in designing engaging, kid-centric computer science and STEM curricula
- Extensive experience creating curriculum rooted in a deep knowledge of content and current research
- Experience creating interactive learning experiences for elementary, middle, and/or high school learners
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources into clear and compelling insights
- Possess excellent organizational, professional, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Comfort and experience with working online, remotely, and independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Google Drive
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.