Strayer is a leader in higher education. We are among the most innovative education companies in the world. Come join our team and make a difference!
Our Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the installation, maintenance and administration of multiple systems comprising Stayer's core IT infrastructure. A primary, but not exclusive, focus will be VMware, Netapp Cisco UCS, and an engineering resource for Windows based systems.
- Manage and monitor VMware, Cisco UCS, and Netapp, EMC data domain, and PingFederate SSO.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with a developer, system admins and operation team to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Liaise with other IT personnel for problem resolution, and drive troubleshooting and resolution tasks when necessary.
- From a regionally accredited institution; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 + years' experience as a system administer with a primary responsibility of VMware and Netapp systems.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation.
- Prior exposure to Cisco UCS computing infrastructure is preferred.
- Prior exposure to programming languages - Java, Python, Perl
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Solid knowledge of PowerShell and command line management
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Netapp, VMware, Cisco certification preferred but not required.
- Exhibits sound judgment in making decisions
- Must have strong computer skills
- Typical office setting
- Must be able to travel 5% of time
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business need warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
relevant keywords: systems engineer, systems engineering, infrastructure engineering, senior, netapp
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.