Director of Capital Planning and Project Management
Director of Capital Planning and Project Management
Position Number: 53000598
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Director of Capital Planning and Project Management. The Director will work with the UNG Multi-Campus Facilities team to lead the industry in higher educational facilities management. The Director will be responsible for the oversight and execution of UNG campus master planning, capital project planning and design, and for the execution of campus construction, renovation, and improvement projects from conception and programming, through development, to completion. Projects will vary in size and complexity.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Director of Capital Planning and Project Management will:
- Procure and administer the work of Design Professionals for campus planning, project planning and programming, project schematic design, construction documents, project bidding, and construction administration. Coordinate closely with associated campus Facilities Director.
- Plan, schedule, organize, and coordinate the work of contractors and supervises employees engaged in a variety of campus construction, renovation, and improvement projects. Coordinate with appropriate UNG Facilities Directors and administrative leadership regarding the assignment and scheduling of required work. Estimate materials and cost of projects and forecasts schedules for various projects. Maintain project budgets.
- Review projects for compliance with program, scope, budget, and various federal and state regulations. Ensure that appropriate records are maintained for all assigned projects. Prepare reports for submission to the USG Board of Regents, and to state and local regulatory agencies.
- Represent the university in dealing with outside contractors, government agencies, and code officials. Make recommendations to university administrative and leadership personnel related to design, construction, and maintenance of facilities issues.
- Work with the Procurement Department to develop bid packages and assists in evaluating proposals and awarding construction contracts.
- Perform related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of design, construction, and commissioning of institutional facilities
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and practices used in all building trades, knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems and equipment
- Familiar with basic construction and maintenance terminology; knowledge of construction/renovation means and methods; knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in construction and maintenance
- Knowledge of architectural standards and campus infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of local, state, and federal building codes and associated regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to understand construction drawings, read blueprints, and AutoCad drawings
- Able to prioritize tasks assigned, able to communicate effectively with professionals of all levels, ability to maintain records, gather and process information, and maintain project budgets
- Must maintain confidentiality and be able to work without immediate supervision
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.; Master's degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in architecture, building construction, and/or building operations & maintenance
- Public Higher Education related experience required
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.