Position Number: 53002123
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Multi-Campus
Job Close Date: 05/02/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an employment specialist. The employment specialist will perform general human resources work and carry out responsibilities related to staff recruiting. The employment specialist will assist with faculty and staff recruitment as needed. This position will require building relationships with on-campus hiring managers by identifying opportunities in which staff employees can assist departments with meeting their business needs.This position may periodically have to work from other campus locations. The home campus will be Dahlonega.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Employment Specialist will:
- Manages the staff hiring process by providing relevant information to hiring managers; screens applications and refers qualified applicants to the hiring departments. Assists hiring managers with placing external advertisement of job vacancies as requested. Reviews all returned materials at the conclusion of hiring searches to ensure completeness of the search file; ensures that all applicants are notified of the outcome of the search.
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Responsible for staying current with HR policies, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Work Closely with background check vendor.
- Responsible for ensuring that background checks are submitted; as well as ensuring that on-boarding documents have been completed.
- Review all returned materials at the conclusion of hiring searches to ensure completeness of the search file.
- Ensure that all applicants are notified of the outcome for each search.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of Email client software such as Outlook; ADP HRMS
- Must have the ability to work well in a diverse environment in addition to excellent organizational and human relations / customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- Two Years or a combination of education and experience
- None required, PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.