RESEARCH NURSE PRN
Working Title: RESEARCH NURSE PRN
Position Type: Hourly Wage
Department: Department of Psychiatric Medicine
Posting Date: 04-22-2016
The Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia is seeking Registered Nurses to work on a PRN basis in the Center for Diabetes Technology of the department. This position requires performing blood draws on study participants and knowledge of study research procedures and protocols in an inpatient laboratory setting. Shifts include day, evening, night, weekend and holiday. Shifts are scheduled according to the needs of the study. Employees will report on an as-needed (PRN) basis, no more than 40 hours per week.
Qualified candidates must be a licensed RN and have at least one year of nursing experience and a CPR certification or equivalent by date of hire. Skills acquired during training may be considered in lieu of experience.
This part-time wage position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to perform blood draws from indwelling catheter.
2. Ability to insert intravenous catheters that are appropriate for drawing blood.
3. Knowledge of laboratory procedures and protocols.
4. Ability to operate a centrifuge
5. Ability to learn how to operate YSI blood glucose analyzer.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=78962