Clinical Research Assistant
Working Title: Clinical Research Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Anesthesiology
Posting Date: 04-18-2017
The Department of Anesthesiology is currently seeking a Clinical Research Assistant to join the Clinical Research team. The position trains with other clinical research staff and works directly with physicians to conduct clinical research trials, recruit and consent subjects, and collect and verify accuracy of data. The incumbent also assists in grant writing, designing clinical trials, and skill operationalizing a clinical trial in a clinical study; conducts human subject research involving multiple study sites; ensures IRB compliance; and provides communication to the Principal Investigator.
Qualified non-licensed candidates must have a Bachelor's degree. Licensed candidates must have an Associate's degree and RN or LPN licensure. Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) software is required. Candidates must have the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, interact with diverse populations at multiple levels at the University and outside the University, be self-motivated and work independently; and must have strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
At least one year of experience working in clinical research is preferred.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills with patients, doctors, and co-workers, both written and verbal.
2. Time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and to accurately complete tasks independently.
3. Proficiency in record maintenance and report development.
4. Ability to enter and maintain data in a timely manner.
5. Ability to manage multiple clinical trials simultaneously.
6. Ability to be self-motivated and to work accurately with attention to detail.
7. Ability to interact with diverse populations at multiple levels at the University and outside the University.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81640