Director of Athletic Camps and Camp Accounting
This position has oversight of all Athletics Camp Operations to provide management and direction related to camp financial, accounting, human resource and business operations. The Director of Athletics Camps and Human Resources Accountant will be responsible for providing accounting expertise in accordance with all applicable University and State guidelines and procedures, to include:
- Analysis of camp financial activity and revenue assurances.
- Responsible for various reporting requirements of financial activity.
- Assist with the annual year-end closing, audit, and agreed upon procedures related to camp and biweekly payroll.
- Development and perform various procedures, controls and review of camp operations.
This position will also provide management and organization of the human resource accounting needs of the Department for new student, part-time and/or temporary employees for camp and other department needs. This will require a thorough understanding of all policies, procedures, and processes as established by the University pertaining to payroll, FLSA rules, I-9, and other human resource requirements.
This role will assist with the development of policies and procedures, internal controls, and operational efficiencies overall within the department to comply with the guidelines of the University of Colorado and Pac-12 for the Athletics Business Office.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Camp Administration Oversight
- Through direct efforts and appropriate delegation, lead the Department efforts to efficiently comply University HR, payroll, financial, and medical waiver requirements. Additionally, manage the camp registration software relationship, provide facility scheduling assurance, and work closely with the Compliance Office on NCAA camp requirements. Further, Camp Administration includes continuous evaluation and implementation on process and cost efficiencies opportunities to implement as well as continuous education on all applicable policies to coaches and other stakeholders.
- Direct Camp Operations as it relates to annual completion of Camp Manual, Camp Operating Plan, Camp Wrap, and other administrative requirements for internal audit compliance and operational efficiencies.
- Perform completion of all general ledger accounting, reconciliation, and financial statement requirements related to camp as well as counseling camps on budget planning.
- Acquire understanding of all components of camp software system to provide counseling and directions to Sport Camp Directors and to reconcile to the University general ledger. Analyze the general ledger for variances.
Human Resource Accounting
- Initiate and compile documents to hire new students and part-time or temporary employees. Audit and record biweekly payroll.
- Audit timesheets to ensure we meet all FLSA rules and guidelines.
- Meet with new employees to ensure that all required payroll documents are completed and submitted before the first day of work. These documents include but are not limited to I-9 and W-4. Ensure all wage expenses are allocated correctly based on department and event.
- Assist with academic employee payroll and documentation as needed. Ensure all employees meet IRS, State, Campus and Departmental requirements before the start of work. This includes background checks, as well as discrimination and harassment training requirements.
- Manage each Sport Camp Director and/or supervisor as it relates to these requirements and devise and implement effective and efficient processes to maintain compliance.
- Coordinate with the Director of Accounting and Finance and Director of Human Resources and Payroll to ensure all requirements are met.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $47,000.00. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be creative. Be genuine. Be willing. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two year experience with business management/operations, including accounting, revenue and expense reconciliation, payroll, procurement, or budgeting.
What we'd like you to have:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, Sports Management.
- Two years of experience in camp management/operations, particularly in a higher education and/or sports industry setting.
- Experience in human resources management in a higher education and/or sport industry setting.
- Experience leading and directing staff.
- Experience reviewing policies and procedures, internal controls and operational efficiencies.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 2, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09163.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10018 - Athletics-Business Affairs
Posting Date: Apr 18, 2017
Closing Date: May 2, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732670