Academic Services Professional
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine / Child Psychiatry
Residency Program Coordinator
Position #00002785 - Requisition 09247
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a full-time, University Staff, Residency Program Coordinator to work in the School of Medicine/Department of Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position provides professional support to teaching and academic services through direct support to the Residency Fellowship Training Director of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the director, coordinate and manage educational and administrative activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, Pediatric Mental Health Institute Grand Rounds, training meetings, etc.) that support the program's curriculum and adhere to ACGME and LCME requirements
- In collaboration with the director, this position will coordinate the training activities with other training coordinators at Children's Hospital Colorado and in the general Department of Psychiatry
- Manage the training budget and responsible for management of the training program purchasing, reimbursement and travel needs.
- Utilizes standard University and department systems for accounting, data processing, and other computer systems, as necessary, for financial management and statistical reports. Utilizes multiple systems for purchasing, human resources, daily operations and other business activities.
- Coordinates and assists Director in recruitment of candidates, managing onboarding and orientation.
- Assist the Residency Training Director in the dissemination, management and completion of student/resident, faculty, and program evaluations via MedHub to include initiation, tracking, follow-up reminders, and review.
- Work with Program Director to review reporting issues or concerns to the program director. Completes evaluation reports and ensures reporting/completion compliance.
- Ensure hospital and GME policies and procedures are enforced, and that departmental and program policies and procedures are created and enforced. Works closely with the program director with annual updates of program-specific documents.
- Administers MedHub (GME Residency Management System). Record training site/time distribution in MedHub for each resident for Intern Resident Information System reporting to CMS and HRSA
- Responsible for coordinating faculty and trainee required activities and trainings in collaboration with the Director.
- Assists the Director and other faculty with any administrative tasks that are requested, including calendaring, correspondence and program representation
- Coordinate and maintain the on-call and moonlighting calendars and policies
- Maintain various sensitive documents pertaining to accreditation and regulatory compliance
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $34,106-$45,475 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
*Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
*One (1) year experience working in an administrative and/or office management role in an academic and/or health care setting
SUBSTITUTION: Relevant experience in a similar environment may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis, but not the specific experience.
*GME experience highly preferred
*Residency coordination experience or training program administration experience
*Experience managing expenses
*Experience working with Medhub
*Work experience with UCD/CHCO or other University work experience
*Ability to master new technology systems
*Strong interpersonal skills
*Strong oral and written communication skills
*Excellent organization skills, ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities
*Must be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment consisting of diverse populations of staff, faculty, students/residents and other administrative personnel
*Ability to work independently and convey information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups
*Experience with UCD/CHCO or other University work experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Michelle Drew at Michelle.Drew@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20281 - SOM-PSYCH-Child SP/G
Posting Date: Apr 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michelle Drew
Posting Contact Email: Michelle.Drew@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00002785