The Events Coordinator supports the University of Colorado, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics with the coordination and execution of internal events. This position provides customer service related to athletic events to all outside entities and campus constituents as a representative of the department and venues.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Event Facilitation and Execution
- Assist with the development of all internal athletic department events from start to finish to include the following responsibilities:
- Work with internal athletic department staff (administrative assistants, coaches, business office, marketing, facilities, etc.) to determine event requirements, schedules, timelines, etc.
- Assist in coordinating event logistical requirements in regards to venue, catering, equipment rentals, etc.
- Act as a resource for athletic department sponsors and outside vendors for all event related information and questions.
- Provide superior customer service in all internal and external interactions with fans, donors, alumni, letter winners, Alumni Association, Boulder Chamber of Commerce, CU-Boulder campus Chancellor's office and CU System President's office.
- Use knowledge of department and events to create a unique communication plan including but not limited to letters, invitations and emails--pre and post each event.
- Serve as client liaison with internal stakeholders and develop relationship and understanding of their unique event needs and requirements.
- Work closely with the Buff Club to develop and maintain positive working relationships with major donors and VIPs specifically related to their involvement in athletic department events and fundraising.
Facility and Events Staff Support
- Use Concur Travel and Expense system to manage expense reports for events/facilities and operations staff and assist with the tracking and processing of external agency accounts payable.
- Work as part of game day facilities and events staff when needed for all sports, but specifically football. These duties include: planning and executing a coordinated delivery of game day meals for athletic department working staff on football game day; helping with execution of game day set-up and break down in all Folsom premium venues and indoor practice facility; and coordinating game day signage under direction of facilities staff.
- Create, input and monitor online registration pages.
- Create, input and monitor online registration pages for special events and other athletic department entities using specified online registration software.
- Understand and maintain the required cash handling and fiscal responsibilities associated with customer payment as directed by the athletic department business office.
What you should know:
Candidates must have ability to work non-traditional work week in order to manage events that may be scheduled on evenings, weekends, or holidays.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $37,000.00. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be driven. Be flexible. Be willing. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in a collegiate athletic department as an intern, part-time or full-time employee
- One year experience in marketing or public relations including event planning/management.
- Ability to work non-traditional work week in order to manage events that may be scheduled on evenings, weekends, or holidays.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated creativity, organizational ability and a strict attention to detail.
- Understanding of protocol and etiquette and the ability to employ tact in difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with diverse teams of people to accomplish complex tasks and initiatives on schedule and on budget.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills including ability to use PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, desktop publishing programs and databases.
- Ability to work effectively with major donors and VIPs.
What we'd like you to have:
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations as it applies to donors and student-athletes
- Knowledge of University accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience with Concur software.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 24, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09177.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10018 - Athletics-Business Affairs
Posting Date: Apr 18, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 24, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00705489