Research Services Senior Prof
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/ Department of Medicine / Division of Cardiology
Research Services Senior Professional
Position #00683262 - Requisition #09240
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Research Services Senior Professional. This full-time-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will provide contracting and budgeting direction for the Cardiology Clinical Trials Program (CCTP). This role will serve as the primary point of contact, for all proposed research for the division of Cardiology and affiliated departments. This position is responsible for project development, financial management and billing of industry/NIH sponsored clinical trials, Investigator Initiated trials as well as any additional assigned projects. Similarly, Audits and reconciliation of all Clinical Trials accounts, invoicing for payment and payment processing, as well as reconciliation of patient care billing, and expenses will be completed.
- Management and oversight of the contracting, financial management and billing for the CCTP Service Center, by tracking updating modifying the financial status of all actives projects.
- Periodic review of all study accounts to ensure that all payments received have been processed correctly and applied to the appropriate accounts.
- Financial management of monthly allocations of research accounts for funding of research coordinator salaries.
- Budget development and negotiation.
- Liaison between Industry/Federal Sponsors, University of Colorado Hospital Research Administration, COMIRB, Office of Grants and Contracts, and Office of Regulatory Affairs by carrying out the responsibilities required by these groups.
- Review and evaluate all documents from industry sponsor and edit as necessary.
- Review/negotiate contractual language for payment schedules, IRB payments, study closeout processes and storage procedures per sponsor and Federal requirements.
- Negotiate budget to cover all cost (direct and indirect) salaries, supplies, and hospital and patient care cost.
- Negotiate internal budgets with service groups, i.e. Laboratory, Radiology, CTO.
- Provide routine reports and direction to Principle Investigators in regards to review and approval process of their clinical trial as well as status of their clinical trial accounts.
- Interact directly with COMIRB/WIRB and Industry to insure that appropriate and acceptable language use in research applications to be approved by the University and Hospital Research Administration.
- Preparation and submission of clinical trial contracts via the electronic routing process through the office of grants and contracts and communicate with all the relevant parties.
- Develop budget for all clinical trials for salaries, patient care costs and any other associated costs.
- Responsible for tracking and reconciliation of all research related hospital and UPI expenses, invoicing the sponsors for contractual payables, monitor expenditures, reimburse study participants, PI and research staff for travel & study payments.
- Oversight of project renewals, purchasing, processing payment vouchers, & performs payroll management.
- Process all study closures to insure all payments have been received, and all regulatory and clinical requirements have been met.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $48,675 - $64,900 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor of science degree in public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, healthcare, finance, accounting, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience, specifically within clinical research financial management.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Previous experience with contracting, budget creation, billing and financial management of clinical research trials
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Dennis Evans at Dennis.Evans@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20169 - SOM-MED-Cardiology
Posting Date: Apr 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dennis Evans
Posting Contact Email: Dennis.Evans@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00683262