Academic Services Professional
This professional is responsible for a wide range of areas in the Department of Nursing including academic, administrative, and student services functions. Work involves exercising discretion, analytical skill and personal accountability to the Department Chair, four undergraduate program option coordinators, and for approximately 60 full-time and part-time faculty. This professional makes decisions in organizing and establishing work processes to ensure delivery of the department's programs, independently resolving problems as they arise, exercising a high level of judgement, independent thought and decision-making.
• Confers with department chair and program option coordinators to plan and coordinate departmental events, student progression and graduation.
• Serves as primary point of contact for faculty, staff, prospective students, students, outside agencies, and others regrading inquiries about the department.
• Work with personnel from other departments on campus in order to coordinate meetings involving multiple faculty members within a given timeline.
• Analyzes data and prepares reports and surveys regarding enrollment and statistical data (i.e. annual accreditation reports, state board reports).
• Maintains student handbooks, policies and student and faculty files.
• Coordinates the meeting schedules for the department, organizes agendas, transcribing meeting minutes.
• Monitors lecturer applications and confers with undergraduate clinical coordinator on the hiring process.
• Prepares and analyzes course and projected course reports, class lists, student evaluations and alumni data.
• Creates and maintains spreadsheets to monitor budgetary requests and student enrollment.
• Supervises student workers who assist with functions within the department.
• Initiates communication with students, faculty and staff regarding departmental updates.
• Processes and monitors credentialing through MyClinicalExchange ® for all undergraduate students to determine if they comply with our policies and determine readiness for beginning clinical experiences.
• Monitors and processes Program Reports related to the NCLEX licensure exam.
• Responds to student and faculty inquiries, providing guidance, directions and recommendations.
• Manages course scheduling for all undergraduate level courses/program options.
• Provides support and communication with the student nurses organization and its faculty advisor.
- Process information with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Manage various objectives, projects, and groups to make judgment on prioritizing and time.
- Build effective working relationships within and across departments and reporting lines.
- Knowledge of diverse populations and multicultural affairs.
- Ability to manage office administrative tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Use of office support, desktop tools (Word, e-mail, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Appropriately express oneself when communicating orally with others.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Customer service concepts and techniques to meet or exceed customer need and expectations.
- Understanding of the necessity and value of teamwork to effectively work as a team.
- Store, categorize and update documents to ensure the security and integrity of the data.
- Identify complex problems and review info to develop and evaluate options and solutions.
Salary Range: $43,0000 - $53,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or 4 years related professional experience with 1-2 years of experience working with student academic records.
• Or an associate degree from an accredited institution or two years related professional experience with 5 years of experience working with student academic records.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by May 2, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40081 - Beth-El UG Nursing
Posting Date: Apr 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Eileen Gerrard-Gough
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732714