Director of Summer Pre-College Programs
Promotes the institution's mission by providing leadership and professional direction in the area of expertise. Education: Bachelors Degree in Management or related field.
Director of Pre-College Programs
Stevens Institute of Technology, a leading national research university located in Hoboken, New Jersey, seeks an innovative and experienced Director of Pre-College Summer Programs. Reporting to the Dean of Undergraduate Admissions within the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, the Director oversees all current and new summer programs and supervises all Pre-College Programs during the summer months and hosts recruitment events throughout the year. The director is responsible for creating dynamic and challenging syllabi for summer programs and working closely with faculty to ensure that students are engaged and challenged. The director of the summer programs develops summer programs that serve the educational, social, cultural, and recreational interests of the students in attendance.
The director is responsible for managing both day-to-day communications with the summer program population and larger, long-term projects. This includes the development of a strategic recruitment plan to enhance enrollment of summer program participants and yield to undergraduate admissions. The Office of Pre-College Programs works closely with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to align their goals and meet the initiatives within the Strategic Plan.
- Develop and implement the recruitment plan and monitor all aspects of student recruitment and yield activities for Pre-College applicants.
- Work with outside organizations and campus constituents on developing programs and/or events throughout the year for high school students to introduce them and expose them to STEM related fields of study and to introduce them Stevens Provide direction and coordination of the Stevens summer pre-college programs that serve the educational, social, cultural, and recreational interests of the students in attendance.
- Provide students with opportunities to develop leadership skills and a knowledge base in engineering, science, business and multimedia.
- Coordinate and maintain standards of excellence for programs and comply with New Jersey Camp Standards.
- Monitor program budgets, including those covering the program staff and the programming effort.
- Provide direction for the planning and promotion of program activities, including but not limited to classroom topics, lectures and activities, entertainment, recreational activities and off-campus trips.
- Provide a vision and a plan for expansion of our summer program offerings.
- Supervise 2 full-time employees year round and a student staff employed during the summer.
- Handle student health and safety emergencies according to Stevens policies and procedures as it pertains to the Stevens Pre-College programs
- Work closely with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to recruit high school students to the Pre-College Programs - Develop ideas for recruitment, work with data, and develop and execute marketing plans and initiatives.
- Strong project and time management skills: Ability to produce high-quality work on deadline while managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of recruitment strategies, including prospective student management, marketing, and targeted recruitment efforts.
- Proven ability to work in high stress, deadline driven environment required.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment are required.
- Experience working in a CRM system such as Slate Technolutions for recruitment, data analysis and application review strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree is preferred
- 4-6 years of progressive experience in summer programs, residential programs, event coordination or related field.
- Commitment to the highest standards of professionalism with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends and to be on call during the times the summer program is in session.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.