Social Media Manager
Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ seeks a Social Media Manager that will play a key role in refining this top-tier technology-oriented university's social media presence. The person that fills this position will be integral to the marketing team and will report to the Director of Digital Strategy and Analytics. This very dynamic and visible position offers the opportunity to contribute to the direction of all strategic marketing and communications initiatives, especially those supporting lead generation for Admissions and engagement with multiple audiences.
- Drive all social media executions for Stevens.
- Think big picture. You will strategize executions for upcoming social campaigns
- Follow trends in social media to generate ideas and tests
- Increase engagement and social chatter around our content with multiple audiences of prospective and current students, alumni, faculty and staff, the media, government officials and others
- Analyze social media analytics reports on a regular basis, focused on progress, learnings and improving the user experience
- Execute innovative social plans to promote events and for live events.
- Work with Marketing and PR to ensure promotion of key business objectives
- Position senior leadership via social channels and increase the visibility of these individuals among target constituencies
- Expert knowledge of all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat (including the use of Snapchat Stories and Memories), Periscope. An ability to know what may engage prospective students and what channels may be best for parents
- Strong understanding of Facebook's business manager platform, including paid content promotion. In addition to boosting paid content and creating targeted audiences, the position requires the need to be familiar with reporting and managing budgets within Facebook's Business Manager tool
- Ability to set up social media ads and manage campaigns.
- Strong understanding of the difference between organic and paid social activity, as well as how they work together.
- Comfortable working with a variety of social media dashboards, listening and monitoring tools
- Self-starter and creative, innovative thinker who can contribute out-of-the-box ideas and strategies
- Talent for delivering clean, concise copy under tight deadlines
- Ability to spearhead a project and manage it through to completion
- Proactive, detail-oriented, extremely organized
- Good analytic skills and proven experience applying insights to get results
- Knowledge of Drupal preferred.
- Available to work a flexible schedule to support social and on air events
A minimum of 2-4 years of proven social media experience in a structured environment is desired. Higher education experience is preferred but not necessary. Experience with consumer services, election campaigns and/or non-profits would be helpful, as would all public and media relations experience.
Stevens Institute of Technology, The Innovation University®, is a premier, private research university situated in Hoboken, N.J. overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Founded in 1870, technological innovation has been the hallmark and legacy of Stevens' education and research programs for more than 145 years. Stevens is home to three national research centers of excellence, as well as joint research programs focused on critical industries such as healthcare, energy, finance, defense, maritime security, STEM education and coastal sustainability. The university is consistently ranked among the nation's elite for return on investment for students, career services programs and mid-career salaries of alumni. Stevens is in the midst of a 10-year strategic plan, The Future. Ours to Create., designed to further extend the Stevens legacy to create a forward-looking and far-reaching institution with global impact.
COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.