Tech Sys Integration Analyst I/UKHC
UK HealthCare Information Technology Services has posted the Systems Integration Analyst I role. This role will be held accountable for establishing strong credibility & collaboration with our physicians, customers, department leadership, affiliated organizations, and all I.T. staff members. This is a highly matrixed organization which requires excellent interpersonal skills, persuasion and influencing skills, ability to participate in large multi-disciplinary teams with significant amount of varied work assignments. The successful Systems Integration Analyst I is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of systems integration software; assessing systems integration risks; contingency and backup/business continuity planning; Involved with researching, analyzing and implementing changes to fix any systems integration deficiencies; providing Tier 2 support; involvement in testing software changes. Additional responsibilities include; performance of service recoveries; adherence to the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations; and participation in the oversight and establishment of departmental goals, policies, and procedures. UK HealthCare is a comprehensive healthcare system consisting of the medical, nursing, health sciences, public health, dental and pharmacy patient care activities of the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY, and in several off-site locations. UK HealthCare is expanding through the construction of a new hospital and potential future acquisitions. All UK HealthCare employees commit to providing excellent service and promoting a positive image while adhering to UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations and Standards which include being: customer centered, service focused, quality driven, resource wise, and growth oriented.
Tech Sys Integration Analyst I/UKHC
Technology System Integration Analyst I
H3997:EVPHA Information Technology
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
ITIL v.3 or 2011 Foundation; HL7 Control Specialist. Certifications required within 1 yr of hire date.
Requires handling of light-weight objects up to 10 pounds, or some standing or walking.
Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm.
Programming; Analysis; Problem-Solving; Certification and/or work experience: HL7 (Control Specialist), and object-oriented programming. ITIL v.3 or 2011 Foundation; HL7 Control Specialist. Certifications required within 1 yr of hire date.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelors Degree and one to two years experience in information technology,
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe how your work experience directly relates to this position, include details about data and data delivery, processes, and your role in technology projects.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have programming/writing code in a healthcare environment.
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please list the healthcare systems integration technologies you have used and your level of proficiency in each (e.g. HL7, interface engines, Perl, SOAP, XML, JAVA, RTLS, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have in Systems Integration (HL7 programming, medical device integration programming, web services, SOAP, XML, RTLS) in a healthcare environment.
- More than 0 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please indicate the number of integrated endpoints you have supported within one organization.
- More than 0, up through 25
- More than 25, up through 75
- More than 75, up through 75
- More than 75
- * This position requires you to obtain ITIL Foundation and HL7 Control Specialist or SOA certifications within one year of hire date. Are you aware of this requirement?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter