Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer.
Established in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1964 as a small college with revolutionary ideas, Nova Southeastern University (“NSU”) was originally named Nova University of Advanced Technology and chartered as a graduate institution in the physical and social sciences. In 1994, Nova University merged with Southeastern University of Health Sciences to form Nova Southeastern University.
The Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer (“EVP/COO”) reports to the President and is a key member of the President's senior executive staff, working closely with the Provost/Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Chancellor of the Health Professions Division. The EVP/COO is responsible for the leadership, overall direction and effective management of the university's administrative operations in support of NSU's mission and in furtherance of its business plan.
This position is responsible for Business Services, Clinical Operations, Enrollment & Student Services, Facilities Management & Public Safety, Finance, Grande Oaks Golf Club, Human Resources, Information Services and University Libraries, Information Technology, Internal Audit and Regional Campus Network & Online Education. The EVP/COO provides leadership for and has managerial oversight of a division of more than 1,500 employees.
The EVP/COO works in close partnership with the President, Provost and the President's Council in formulation, allocation and oversight of an operating budget in excess of $570 million.
- At least 10 years of professional experience overall with a minimum of five years of senior-leadership experience supervising seasoned staff responsible for administrative functions in a complex organization. Experience in a higher education, governmental or healthcare-related organization preferred.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with a CEO and board of directors.
- Can point to tangible examples of reporting and program measurement and evaluation.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Passionate about mission and able to promote and communicate NSU's philosophy, mission and values to external and internal stakeholders.
- Master's Degree is required.
For the full-length position description, please visit: https://nsucoo.ekornferry.com
Applications should consist of a detailed cover letter responsive to the needs of NSU and curriculum vitae. For priority consideration, please apply by May 19, 2017. To ensure full consideration, inquiries, nominations, and applications should be submitted in confidence to:
Paul Chou, Co-Managing Director, Global Education Practice, Korn Ferry
Adolfo Miñoso, Managing Consultant, Korn Ferry
Nova Southeastern University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons based on race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or covered veteran status.