Adjunct Human Services Instructor
Modesto Junior College
Adjunct Human Services Instructor (Part time teaching)
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $69.58 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $81.32 to $86.17
Deadline: open until filled
Complete job description and application available online at: https://yosemite.peopleadmin.com/postings/2721
Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling, OR the equivalent.
(NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)
Example of Duties
Teaching, developing syllabi, and contributing to curriculum updates and course assessment. Attend department meetings and continual update professional knowledge of CAADE, CSHSE, and PRA.
MSW; MS or MA in Human Services, Counseling, Psychology, or Sociology
MSW; MS Counseling, MA Psychology; MA Human Services, MS Sociology
Desirable Professional Characteristics
• Relevant human services or clinical, and teaching experience.
• Facilitate student learning through lectures, class discussions, reading assignments, and other methods; administer examinations; record grades and submit them in a timely manner to the records office; complete course assessments and submit them in a timely matter; confer with students as necessary.
• Evidence of involvement with or preparation in non-traditional teaching methods and technologies, specifically utilizing technology in the classroom, online or hybrid teaching and/or preparation for online teaching
• Evidence of recent professional development activities that indicate up-to-date knowledge in the fields of Human Services, Chemical Dependency Counseling, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Mental Health, Gerontology, or knowledge/experience with the mental health of families and children/adolescents
• Evidence of knowledge with Ethical Guidelines in Human Services
• Evidence of experience in community and/or academic programs and participation in outreach activities
• Evidence of cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of diverse backgrounds of community college students.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.