Manager, Media Services
Digital Media Services is a department within the division of the University of Denver, University Libraries. The Library brings the history of cultural experience to successive generations, enabling each to gain insight into the human endeavor. The Library is central to discovery and creative interaction among students and faculty. The Library links information and the University community regardless of the location of the information or the individual seeking it. The Digital Media Services Department provides customer focused support for audio, digital, and visual technology campus-wide.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Media Services, the Manager of Media Services works closely with University customers, IT technicians, and AV vendors to manage and evaluates audiovisual systems. Designs are typically targeted to classrooms, event locations, video teleconferencing meeting spaces and presentation rooms, for applications, including presentations, video/audio conferencing, digital signage, streaming video and media control centers. Maintenance of current AV and VTC systems used by high ranking University officials is priority along with dedication to positive customer support. The position requires the technician to remain current with industry best practices and participate within a team environment. This position possesses an understanding of established procedures, and has the ability to resolve complex issues; applies skills and knowledge in multiple functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years' work experience or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience working with audio visual, video, and computer equipment.
- Customer services experience.
- Management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years' work experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Crestron programming.
- 5 years' experience with media center, audio visual, video, and computer equipment preferable in a college or university environment.
- Knowledge of audio and video routing and mixers along with the understanding the concepts of analog and digital video transmission and interoperability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Visio.
Varying schedule depending on the needs of the job.
$44,880 - $47,500/annually
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Monday, May 1st, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.