The Bursar's Office is responsible for the collection and billing of tuition related charges and administering Federal Perkins Loans.
Job duties include maintaining high response rate for phone calls, emails and walk in contact. Consults with students and parents on payment options available for tuition account settlement. Advises student and parents on available financial assistance options and the application process associated with funding University educational costs. Performs tuition account corrections due to various additional adjustments made by students or staff to reflect accurate account balances. Administer and advise on Federal Perkins Loans.
- Provide quality customer service and analyze accounts to ensure effective and efficient resolution.
- Maintain overall high response rate for phone, email and walk in contact.
- Enforce University hold policy to protect the University from incurring additional liability and the student from additional debt.
- Apply acquired in depth knowledge of the Title IV Federal student aid program regulations to ensure compliance with program requirements and to protect the University's eligibility for program participation.
- Acquire in depth knowledge of payment and loan options to appropriately settle tuition account balance.
- Maintain account adjustment records.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Bursar.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word.
- Strong user skills in automated computer system environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in process improvements.
- Multiple task management and prioritization.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-5 years of related customer service experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Monday, April 24, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.