GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Intranet Coordinator will manage the implementation and operation of the College’s new intranet. This person will contribute to: the site’s overall visual design branding (i.e., consistency, effectiveness, theme, navigation and content); user engagement, experience and on-going training; coordination with key stakeholders, analysis and reporting of appropriate metric data; and oversight of content strategy, governance and adoption.
This position is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education’s Title III Program. The funds for Project SAIL will be used to implement a five-year plan that is designed to make substantial institutional advances and to increase student success. The plan focuses on three interrelated areas: strengthening student services, strengthening academic programs, and providing systematic faculty and staff professional development.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Coordinate with the College internet manager to maintain a consistent and effective visual design and theme for the College’s intranet and internet.
- Manage intranet operations and support.
- Lead efforts to create a framework that will support reliable site navigation.
- Develop channels for the effective communication of official College news for faculty, staff, administration, and students.
- Build relationships with and actively manage communications with key stakeholders and user groups at all levels.
- Develop priorities for the College’s information needs and initiate outreach to content owners to provide assistance.
- Coordinate the efforts of content owners to ensure that information is easy to find and has a consistent look and message.
- Provide support to content editors and ensure they have the information and tools required to fulfill their roles.
- Monitor user-generated content for appropriateness and consistency.
- Monitor site analytics and report effectiveness and engagement.
- Three or more years of experience in managing and implementing intranets, collaboration software or related experience.
- Strong team player and collaborator, capable of managing projects that require input from multiple sources, and the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to prioritize work and initiate efforts.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Must be a resourceful, reliable, and accountable team player who is able to work independently and on deadline to deliver high quality work.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate with a wide variety of staff regarding the content on the websites.
- Experience documenting work and developing procedure manuals
- Experience developing and providing training, preferably technology related.
- Experience with intranet platforms.
- Understanding of information architecture principles and IT infrastructure.
COMPENSATION: $27.60 per hour, 18 hours per week. Temporary, 24 months. MCCC Unit Position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 8, 2017