Accounting, Bookkeeping and Accounts Payable:
- Manage T&E reimbursements and prepare bill payments and invoicing for MWYFS, Acuta, the PR subadviser, and other client funds and/or client management companies
- Manage bookkeeping (including expense categorization and calculation of accruals for GAAP-based entities) for MWYFS and/or client management companies and various related entities across multiple jurisdictions
o Interface with BDO Puerto Rico for management of the PR adviser's books
o Interface with other advisers for management of other entity books
- Classification and tracking of fund expenses vs. management company expenses
- Support audits and tax return preparation
Ad Hoc Analysis
- Potential for additional ad hoc analysis depending upon skill sets and time commitment
The candidate is expected to be a highly ethical, highly competent individual with strong accounting and bookkeeping skills who can interface with outside service providers. Attention to detail and process consistency is a must across clients, and exposure to different forms of legal entities across multiple jurisdictions is helpful. The ideal candidate would have accounting and bookkeeping experience with a hedge fund or venture capital fund, but this is not required. Experience with cash-based and accrual based accounting required. Expertise with QuickBooks is required (QuickBooks Online even better).
Must work well in a small office setting, so personality fit and flexibility is also important. Spanish fluency a plus due to the Puerto Rico connection, but not required.
Position is designed to be attractive to a candidate seeking stability with repetitive work and low stress. Expectation is for the candidate to stay long-term but with little opportunity for advancement. Commute to office in Belmont, CA expected. Hours flexible. Part-time negotiable. References required.
MWY Fund Service, LLC ("MWYFS") provides back office services to Acuta Capital Partners,
LLC (cuta"), an SEC-registered investment adviser with over $250 million of AUM. MWYFS
has COO/CCO responsibilities for Acuta, its Puerto Rico ("PR") subadviser and its multiple fund
entities (4 hedge fund vehicles, 1 venture fund vehicle via 2 classes, 1 separately managed
account). MWYFS also effectively performs day-to- day CFO functions for Acuta and its PR
subadviser. This summer, MWYFS expects to take on similar roles for up to 2 additional clients
managing 4 venture capital funds. As a result, MWYFS intends to expand its back office
services team from 4 to 6 people to accommodate the increased responsibilities.
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 11:21:47 PDT