By being hired into one of our Product Management jobs at BD, you'll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Product Management careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Product Management job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job in Product Management at BD may be waiting for you!
The Product Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of products to maximize growth and profitability. Establishes and maintains a strong competitive position through strategic and tactical identification of marketing opportunities and operational efficiencies. Develops implements and maintains "best practices" in product management. The Product Manager functions autonomously, seeking less than daily guidance from the Senior Product Manager. Manages extensive interaction with external customers, end-user, distribution channel, and group purchasing organization customers, etc, to understand and address unmet customer needs. The Product Manager adopts a more strategic outlook on the business and is also ready to begin assuming managerial responsibilities. Other duties include but not limited to the following:
- Manages all aspects of marketing strategy and plans to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations, regional, and product portfolio strategies. Familiarity with segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Employs market research tools as required to identify and interpret changing user attitudes, demands, and needs for existing company and competitive products.
- Experience working with agencies towards development of strategic and tactical plans.
- Manages demand forecasting, marketing planning & sales promotional activities with minimal oversight from senior marketing manager.
- Able to develop and execute marketing initiatives and launch plans including pricing, promotion, and sales training.
- Ensure timely communication to appropriate marketing and sales personnel relating to promotional materials and development of effective sales aids and clinical education support materials.
- Plays critical role in key projects/ initiatives, often leading project/ initiative teams, including strategic marketing representative of product development core team
- May manage a formal marketing expense budget driving top line sales performance
- Influences the development and drives the execution of functional, regional, or product portfolio plans
- Experience with NPD process including stage gate
- Provides significant input into regional strategies, business decisions and resource planning
- Demonstrates marketing expertise through specific and advanced set of skills and knowledge, e.g. branding, pricing, promotion, forecasting.
- Establish performance standards for subordinates (when applicable), either direct reports or team members. Appraise, guide, correct and approve performance of staff through merit review and counseling. Provides ongoing direction and training and development of assigned personnel.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or a related field. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of total business experience in marketing, market research or business development
- Experience in the medical device industry preferred.
- Cross functional team experience preferred
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and health care worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. The company provides innovative solutions that help advance medical research and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures, optimize respiratory care and support the management of diabetes. The company partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. BD has more than 45,000 associates across 50 countries who work in close collaboration with customers and partners to help enhance outcomes, lower health care delivery costs, increase efficiencies, improve health care safety and expand access to health.
To learn more and apply for opportunities with BD or one of our CareFusion businesses, visit www.carefusion.com/careers and www.BD.com/careers.
BD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 12:20:05 PDT