Fire Suppression Systems Designer
Fire Suppression Systems Designer - Check it Out!
If you are looking for a place to put your creative design skills to the test with a growing company leader, this is the job for you! As a Fire Suppression Systems Designer you will be a key member of Telgian's Engineering and Consulting division group working to develop fire suppression systems for a broad range of clients across the country.
At Telgian, our client-centric approach has been a key to our success as an industry leader in the fire, life safety and risk management industries. So if you have been looking for a career instead of a job, an environment to learn and grow, and a team to call family, then we encourage you to step out and join us in our journey!
As a Fire Suppression Systems Designer you will initially be work on a broad range of design projects including projects you own as well as collaborating with Senior Designers on more complex projects. More specifically you will:
- Complete the initial setup of CAD backgrounds and file structures, reviewing, analyzing, and understanding fire suppression systems for coordination and design purposes.
- Perform design verifications, review of information, basic hydraulic calculations, setup of suppression systems from surveys, as-built draining's and past CAD designs;
- Revise and edit drawings as needed from QA and AHJ/Client reviews.
- Print, plot and process drawings for internal and external use; and
- Advise Senior Designers of potential issues or scheduling concerns due to changes and revisions.
Your Compensation and Benefits
At Telgian, we are proud to offer a unique, professional work environment where we consider all of our associates to be part of our family. We provide a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package with market leading (low!) health-care costs, and a place to advance your career. More importantly as a values driven organization, at Telgian you will be treated with dignity while having fun in your work!
About Telgian Engineering & Consulting
Telgian Engineering & Consulting (TEC), a strategic business unit of Telgian Corporation, is a full service global engineering and risk mitigation consultancy specializing in complex, multi-discipline public and private sector projects. TEC provides professional services related to the protection of people, property, information and organizational mission against preventable losses. TEC professional service offerings include emergency management / operations continuity, environmental / health / safety, fire protection engineering / life safety, risk management / loss control, security / compliance, and related engineering services / sustainable (LEED) design.
At Telgian, we are looking for high performing associates to help drive Telgian's mission to save lives and property in partnership with our customers. To achieve this, you will bring the following qualifications to the table:
- 3 years CAD design experience in the Architectural, Construction or MEP trade required;
- Prior experience in Fire Suppression Contracting Design in the construction field preferred;
- NICET certification in Level II, required; NICET Level III or IV preferred;
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist preferred but not required;
- Certified Fire Plans Examiner, preferred but not required;
- High School or GED required;
- 2 years' college or specialized training in Fire Protection or CAD Technical School; Bachelor degree in Fire Protection, Engineering, or CAD, preferred.
Telgian Corporation is a worldwide provider of comprehensive fire, security, and life safety services. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Telgian provides service throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Telgian offers expertise for consulting, inspections, engineering, and design of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, suppression systems, security alarms and life safety programs. We provide our clients a single-source solution for all of their fire protection and life safety needs. Our client base includes top retail chains, commercial building owners, healthcare companies, restaurants and food service, hospitality and insurance companies. We partner with architects, contractors, heavy manufacturers, industrial and commercial corporations, fire and building departments and facility managers to design a system based on our clients requirements and specifications.
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 16:19:50 PDT