VoIP Field Engineer SE Wisconsin
- Travel to client locations to troubleshoot hardware/software/networking issues.
- Provide technical support via phone, email, remote, or onsite.
- Own the client's projects from beginning to completion. This includes following up with a client in a timely manner after work has been done to ensure that the client is satisfied, and fully operational.
- Enter clear and concise documentation of every problem, and the corresponding resolution in our CRM tracking systems.
- Proactively evaluate client's current systems, and provide clear recommendations for upgrades, improvements, and reconfigurations; especially identifying situations that would be potentially disastrous to the client.
- Application integration (desktop, server, and network based) and support.
- A valid driver's license.
- An Associate or Bachelor degree in a technology or equivalent work related experience.
- Strong computer skills in order to operate Convergent's CRM software, Microsoft Office and other position-specific software.
- Excellent communications skills and be able to effectively communicate information to customers.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized and have the ability to prioritize.
- The ability to collaborate with team members and work with minimal supervision.
- Be able to think logically and calmly to resolve problems. Seek assistance from co-workers and supervisors when confronted with complex situations.
- Avaya Certification- please include certifications with your inquiry.
- Experience in the network infrastructure or computer service industry.
- Knowledge of and ability to setup VMware is a plus.
- Administrative level experience with Microsoft Windows servers.
- Proven understanding of networking concepts including LAN, WAN, VPN CTI, SIP and VoIP telephony.
- Wages determined by experience and demonstrated skill level
- Certification Reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Supplemental insurances
- Simple IRA
EEO/Equal Opportunity Employer
As an industry leader in voice over IP (VoIP) and presence management applications, Convergent Solutions has dedicated itself to providing business critical solutions such as IP phone systems, unified communications systems, data networking products, call center solutions and video applications. Hardware and infrastructure solutions such as cabling, security, and carrier access products are also supported. These products are provided with the reliable service and technical expertise needed to successfully serve a variety of Wisconsin businesses. Our broad range of business system solutions are uniquely suited to meet our clients' needs throughout Milwaukee, Appleton, and the surrounding Southeastern Wisconsin and Fox Valley communities.
In today's ever-changing telecommunications world, it's our strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers that bring our clients the most reliable and robust systems in the marketplace. Convergent Solutions stands behind each and every product we represent, the services we provide and the relationships we maintain.
The position of Field Engineer is a critical position at Convergent Solutions. The primary duties of this position are providing on-site technical support to Convergent Solutions customers. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently with little supervision and manage service calls that require critical thinking and customer service skills. Must possess superb customer service skills and the ability to diagnose and solve problems. The duties will require excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to coordinate activities among several team members.
Menomonee Falls, WI
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 05:59:45 PDT