ITS Support Technician
This position provides quality technical expertise in the area of technology as defined for ITS customers by assisting with technical computer and software issues. Performs a range of tasks, which may include analysis, evaluation, design, coding and testing, installation, maintenance, support, and training under general direction.
- Applies training and knowledge to assist customers in the resolution of computer related questions
- Operates somewhat independently, within the context of the ITS/Business Strategic Plan, in supporting information technology through activities such as analyzing business/technical problems, designing, coding, testing, maintaining, supporting, building, deploying, installing information technology solutions, documenting procedures, and administering training programs for customers
- Receives trouble tickets and helps a variety of ITS customers resolve processing problems regarding Intel based personal computers
- Logs customer contacts and either answers questions directly or appropriately evaluates requests for escalation to next level or specialist for resolution
- Installs, fully configures, and supports Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications
- Answers customers' questions and resolves problems in regard to the supported suite of applications
- Assists in resolving various connectivity issues, both remote and local
- Coordinates schedules with team members to ensure coverage during business hours and for 24-hour
- Develops and maintains pertinent documentation and procedures for the technology area according to industry, vendor, and organization standards
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Information System Management, or Business
- Equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered
- Generally a minimum of 5 years experience in a related field
- Experience with Dell, IBM, and Lenovo hardware is preferred
- Extensive experience with PC hardware installations and repair and all client based Microsoft and Adobe applications mandatory
- Requires experience with LANs and client/server computing, and knowledgeable of a Windows operating system environment strongly preferred
- Additional experience in the configuration and maintenance of client based electronic mail solutions, specifically Microsoft Outlook preferred
- Experience with computer, server and networking hardware and software
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software maintenance
- Requires a sound working knowledge of specific Information Technology
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems of varying levels and then design and implement solutions
- Broad understanding of systems, products, and processes that allow timely resolution of complex customer and/or business issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated orientation to, and skills to achieve, customer service excellence
- Ability to work and troubleshoot remote connectivity
- Understanding of system administration in an active directory, Ethernet
- Knowledge of electronic information security of software license auditing preferred
- Extensive hardware and software diagnostic/troubleshooting skills in a diversified PC environment
- Requires sound working knowledge in Intel based personal computing environment with Windows operating systems, both current and legacy
- Flexibility to adapt to and to learn new technologies and changing priorities
- Willingness to share knowledge and train less experienced team members
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
ITIL Foundations certification preferred
- Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
Additional Physical Requirements
- Travel required to multiple sites locally
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts, holidays, be on call and travel as necessary
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado our Global Company with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories with more than 5,200 associates around the world and 3,000 located in the U.S.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development. (2011 & 2012)
One of Colorado
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 12:20:03 PDT