Mainframe Storage Administrator
We are seeking an IBM Mainframe Storage Administrator for a long term contract role in Albany, NY.
Specific duties include:
• Assist in planning, coordination, and implementation of storage solutions technologies.
• Perform storage allocation, assignment, and provisioning of storage resources to meet customer needs.
• Managing/modifying storage pools in accordance with processing requirements and device/data characteristics.
• Manage, monitor, and maintain Tape and DASD Management Systems using software products, utilities, and processes in accordance with storage policies and procedures. Products and utilities used include: CA 1 Tape Management, CA Vantage Storage Resource Manager, DASD Backup Supervisor (DBS), DFHSM, Automated Tape Allocation Manager (ATAM), Device Support Facilities (DSF), Data Set Services (DSS), and Interactive Storage Management Facility (ISMF).
• Maintain knowledge and expertise in managing the techniques of System Managed Storage (SMS), and performing evaluation and monitoring of the SMS platforms associated with client's environments. The areas associated with these SMS environments applies to both the hardware, software and integration aspects of storage systems.
• Integrate newly acquired storage solutions into the IBM mainframe environments managed by the client.
• Insure continual access is achieved to all storage sub-systems and that access meets all service level attributes.
• Resolve problems and develop methods and procedures to circumvent problem reoccurrence.
- Plan, test, and perform backup and recovery of data on these systems.
- Plan and perform testing of storage software products, especially when maintenance is applied or the product is upgraded.
Some tasks will require scheduled off-shift and extra work hours. Additionally, the person selected for this position will be required to carry a pager and/or cell phone and provide technical support for incident response purposes during prime shift and non-prime shift hours.
This job requires the following experience and skills:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience supporting IBM mainframe Storage environments, specifically DS8K DASD and TS7700 Virtual Tape Systems.
- Must have significant understanding and operational knowledge of Storage Administration and the majority of storage management software products utilized by NYS ITS. Should have experience with DASD mirroring solutions, especially Global Mirror.
- Must have proficiency in IBM JCL, IBM system utilities, ISPF, SDSF, TSO, and ISMF under z/OS.
- Must have demonstrated experience with system-managed storage in the z/OS environment utilizing IBM's Storage Management Subsystem (DFSMS) and Hierarchical Storage Manager (DFHSM) and able to assist or take the lead in implementing DFHSM and expanding SMS management on one or more systems.
- Must have in-depth understanding of configuring and optimizing support of IBM Mainframe storage software products and services and strong experience in support of an IBM mainframe System z environment.
- Must be able to serve as both a lead and participant in project teams for developing, maintaining, upgrading, and using supported storage products and services. Have the ability to work independently, and as a team member, managing multiple assignments and completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of technical and business staff and vendor support.
- Must be able to gather, organize and perform analysis of information about benefits, advantages/disadvantages, and technical feasibility of implementing storage changes. Ability to think critically, and provide informed input, on potential solutions, practices, and standards.
ECLARO recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled individuals in an array of specialized disciplines. This approach enables our clients to leverage new opportunities, respond to increased and changing demands and increase their profitability. Please visit www.eclaroIT.com to see why the Right People are The AnswerTM.
Specialties: Customized solutions for Human Capital and Talent Acquisition, Permanent placement and retained search, Recruiting, Staff Augmentation, Contract Labor, Managed Services, RPO, MSP, VMS, IT solutions, management and support, offshore business process outsourcing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000 employees
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:58:02 PDT