Director, CMC Communications and Professional Services
Provide vision, strategy, direction and oversight of CMC communications execution, systems, operations and professional services. In collaboration with the CMC management team, manage and coordinate the packaging, distribution and delivery of CMC communications, events, services, resources and career education content. Provide program, event management, and administrative support of CMC events, services and resources to students and alumni. Oversee, direct, recruit, onboard, manage resources, including staff, vendors, contractors, consultants, to facilitate the implementation and execution of career offerings. Oversee and administer CMC communications, marketing and messaging. Collaborate with key team members to drive and support career education content creation and dissemination. Set strategy, oversee and direct vendor relationship management. Manage the work of other employees, including managers. The CMC portfolio of career offerings includes: Career education programsCoaching and advising sessionsRecruiting eventsJob platformCareer and job search systems, tools, information and resources CORE DUTIES: Central coordination of all operational activities. Lead team providing professional staff services and operational support to include:Operational metrics reporting and analysisOutcome reportingRelevant and responsive content creation and curationIntranet updates and modificationsStudent communicationsEvent planning and executionAdministrative supportManage the professional services and program management teams' employees, resources, processes, and projects, to deliver career services to alumni and students. Make hiring decisions, provide coaching and mentoring, and manage performance and staffing levels.Oversee the development of the CMC non-salary budget; working with finance, define financial report needs to oversee billing, track ongoing charges and project spending. Develop and manage budgets for projects and be fiscally responsible for the management of the expenses. Ensure accurate monthly billing.Provide analysis to support data driven decisions around career servicesEstablish milestones and measurement criteriaUse student/alumni feedback on programs to inform future programs and determine programming effectivenessInitiate web analytics to determine usage and effectiveness of online resourcesUtilize data visualization to support student research on career issuesMonitor service and technology trends and evaluate emerging solutions for adoption and implementation. Evaluate and recommend the technological needs and effectiveness for delivery of career servicesImprove student experience with career related activities and toolsUpdate yearly policies in compliance with university and school standards. Work with programs and ensure compliance with university security policiesInterpret, implement and ensure compliance with university, academic and administrative policies within an organization or program. Recommend new internal policies, guidelines and procedures. Direct process improvement for organization or program.Represent school/department programs and initiatives at senior level meetings, conferences, and to both internal and external constituents.Identify, manage relationships, and negotiate with external and internal partners.Collaborate with Student Career Development, Alumni Career Services, CMC Coaching and Advising, and Employer Engagement teams to rationalize student facing content to address student journey, providing students with content they want when they want it.Manage projects to convert traditional presentations to interactive, engaging online content Identify and develop strategies for new service offerings.Work with DS and other GSB departments to improve student experience with CMC Resources (People, Events, and Technologies) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in higher education setting preferred. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses: None PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Working knowledge of career management and ability to contribute and add value to CMC Management Team
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of the GSB career student experience, the wants, needs, expectations of GSB students and alumni, and how best to meet them
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and all levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills to review and analyze complex financial information.
- Strong leadership and strategic management skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing people.
- Understanding of underlying technological needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. WORKING CONDITIONS: WORK STANDARDS:
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Job: Student Services
Location: Graduate School of Business
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.