Mechanical Project Engineer
Mechanical Project Engineer, Custom Machinery
Leading Manufacturer of Leak Detection and Gas Handling equipment has a position open for a Lead Mechanical Project Engineer.
We are looking for a Lead Mechanical Project Engineer to help design systems that contribute to the overall success of our Custom Leak Detection Systems and standard products. You will join a team and work collaboratively with other engineers, product managers and useable experts to keep our products at the forefront of leak detection technology.
The candidate will be based out of our corporate office in Ronkonkoma, NY.
• Design industrial production machinery for custom leak detection applications
• Coordinate with a team of electrical designers and programmers to meet project performance, cost and delivery goals
• Generate required documentation including engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, and procedures
• Bring custom systems from design through fabrication and into production, including system debug and validation
We're looking for:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical
• 2-5 years of Mechanical Engineering Experience in machine building or manufacturing
• Machine design engineering experience utilizing 3D CAD software
• Experience with part tooling design and/or fitting and seal design highly desirable
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Inventor desirable, MICROSOFT Office software required
• In-depth knowledge of mechanical systems, including pneumatics
• Knowledge of layout, machining and assembly
• Desirable to have process development experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Independent worker able to set priorities for him/herself as well as team members
• Excellent organizational skills
VIC Vacuum Instruments Corporation is a global, US based manufacturer, engineer, and innovative solutions provider of standard and custom engineered, non-destructive, industrial, air and tracer gas leak detection machinery, and custom tracer gas handling system solutions. Through our technology and machinery, we assist product, device, and component manufacturers in NDT testing to leak rate standards to ensure quality, performance, and durability.
Vacuum Instruments Corporation, LLC offers unsurpassed innovative, technology driven, application-based, custom engineering of small and large-scale industrial air and tracer gas leak detection machinery and tracer gas handling system solutions.
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:19:28 PDT