Security Officer, Part Time
The Safety and Security Department at Rowan College at Gloucester County strives to provide a safe environment on campus, to assist those in need, and evoke a feeling of security to all by being accessible and alert at all times. This is a position that is part time working variable evenings during the week from 3 pm to 11 pm, with flexibility to work Saturday and/or Sunday for special events and/or emergencies. Examples of Duties:
- Patrol campus buildings and grounds, greet and direct students and visitors, focus on crime prevention, protection of life and property.
- Maintain visibility through foot patrol and motor patrol across the campus.
- Respond to and mitigate emergencies, disturbances, conflicts and other stressful situations.
- Answer, respond, and investigate burglar alarms, fire alarms, and emergency telephones throughout the campus.
- Monitor security surveillance systems.
- Complete daily log and write incident reports for daily activities and irregularities, such as safety hazards, medical emergencies, motor vehicle accidents, and criminal activity.
- Call and cooperate with police, fire, or EMS in cases of emergency and direct them to the location of the incident.
- Answer telephone calls, take messages, answer questions, and provide information during business or non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Enforce policies and procedures for Rowan College at Gloucester County which include warning or citing persons of rule infractions or violations.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations.
- Familiarity with the policies, procedures, orders, regulations, directives, and equipment of the Safety and Security Department.
- Accountability and maintenance of security issued equipment.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Director of Safety and Security.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with other employees and the public, both verbally and in written form
- Previous experience in the field of security
- High School Graduate or GED Certificate
- S.O.R.A. (Security Officer Registration Act) Training or Certification preferred
- Certification in CPR and First Aid, or obtain certification during probationary period
- Computer literate and familiarity with Windows based systems including: Email, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Possession of a valid driver's license, in good standing.
- Must be able to work variable evenings during the week from 3 pm to 11 pm, with flexibility to work Saturday and/or Sunday for special events and/or emergencies
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods, walking, or running over uneven ground, bending, reaching, involve lifting and carrying items weighing over 50 pounds
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.