Software Developer - C++
Eclaro International is looking for a Software Developer with strong Python development experience for a full time position with a hedge fund investment firm in New York, NY.
This is an opportunity to join a small team of experienced professionals working with the latest technology and an opportunity to learn the business. The candidate's primary responsibility will be to assist on development of the research and trading applications. The candidate is expected to help enhance and improve the existing processes, contribute to group discussions, and come up with creative ideas on solving problems. The candidate should be familiar with the latest technologies and should have experience in working with real-time market data, an understanding of CPU architecture, and measuring and reducing network latency. The team is using Python and generally prefers open-source tools. The group uses various market data feeds from vendors such as Bloomberg. They also use Berkeley Labs Scientific Cluster and have built their own internal cluster for distributed computing. There is opportunity for growth for the right candidate, and additional responsibilities will be given depending on how quickly the systems are learnt.
• Ability to code using Python is a must. C++ is preferred as an additional language.
• Help develop functionality and make additional code changes based on specifications.
• Work toward improving existing applications.
• Ability to profile, measure, and reduce latency on applications.
• Take ownership of assigned tasks.
• Handle any after-hours support if necessary.
Skills & Experience Required
• Experience Level: 5-10yrs.
• Python (Numpy, Pandas).
• Familiar with distributed technologies.
• Messaging paradigms and technologies such as RabbitMQ,
• In-memory databases: Redis.
• Bloomberg Bpipe API.
• Some familiarity with frontend frameworks: Flask, Nodejs, Emberjs
ECLARO recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled individuals in an array of specialized disciplines. This approach enables our clients to leverage new opportunities, respond to increased and changing demands and increase their profitability. Please visit www.eclaroIT.com to see why the Right People are The AnswerTM.
Specialties: Customized solutions for Human Capital and Talent Acquisition, Permanent placement and retained search, Recruiting, Staff Augmentation, Contract Labor, Managed Services, RPO, MSP, VMS, IT solutions, management and support, offshore business process outsourcing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000 employees
New York, NY
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 13:38:34 PDT