WC Smith has an exciting opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join its growing Property Management team. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and display strong accounting skills. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements on each residential rental and commercial or condo/coop property in an assigned portfolio.
- Performs analytical procedures applied to financial data for each general ledger account of all assigned properties on a monthly schedule and coordinates with community and property managers on performance, variances (positive and negative trends) and reconciliation issues.
- Tracks cash flow activity for each property in the assigned portfolio.
- Prepares monthly bank account reconciliations on all property accounts.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports including monthly and quarterly reports to owners, lenders, regulatory agencies, and other investors as needed.
- Reconciles gross rent potential, prepaid rent, rent receivable, accounts payable, and accrued expenses with subsidiary ledgers on a monthly schedule to ensure accuracy.
- Performs quarterly and semi-annual internal audit functions as assigned.
- Reconciles payroll activity with external software reporting and associated tax expense on a monthly schedule.
- Prepares annual and quarterly audit packages for all assigned properties to assist with audits, reviews, compilations, and tax return preparation.
- Liaises with external auditors during onsite audits.
- Prepares fixed asset schedules and inserts adjusting journal entries prepared by the tax preparer or auditor.
- Analyzes and maintains escrow accounts (tax and insurance), loan amortization, and replacement reserve activity of each assigned property as needed.
- Assists Community Managers, Property Managers, and Asset Managers with budget preparation, financial statement review, and other support as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a relevant discipline; or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and the application of general accounting theory.
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative, and ability to manage complex accounting issues.
- High level of customer service approach.
- Solid communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a keen sense of urgency.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills such as Word and Excel.
- Three - ten years experience in a property management firm highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Yardi or Real Page software highly desirable.
Our employees enjoy a friendly work environment in the rapidly developing Capitol Riverfront area, a focus on personal and professional wellness, and opportunities for professional growth within the firm. WC Smith is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce.
WC Smith is a Washington, DC-based multidisciplinary real estate firm. The company has provided integrated real estate services to the Washington metropolitan area for over four decades. In complement to its development, construction, sales and financial divisions, the firm owns and / or manages a portfolio in excess of 10,000 units of residential real estate. With a group of subsidiary service companies under the WC Smith umbrella, the firm is able to offer exemplary service to its clients.
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:48:26 PDT