Looking for a security engineer with experience with the implementation and administration of security controls, with a strong background with SIEM technology. Candidate should also have experience with incident response and security architecture/risk assessments.
This position is for an individual with a strong background in information security technologies and processes. This Security Engineer will participate in evaluating, developing, and implementing security tools, standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments. They will have the ability to learn and implement a variety of security technologies, such as vulnerability management, data leakage prevention, intrusion prevention, log management and security event management. This position will also require an individual who can work well with both technical and non-technical business partners. This includes analysis and review of events escalated from our automated detection systems, analysis of traffic flows utilizing SIEM technology and other tools to detect malicious activity, and completion of tasks associated with security monitoring, detection, and incident response on an as needed basis.
• Deploy and maintain security tools such as: Security event management, anti-malware, network behavior monitoring, intrusion prevention systems, vulnerability assessment and penetration tools
• Perform administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools like ArcSight, QRadar, Splunk, etc.
• Participates on the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) that responds to various security incidents
• Analyze current attack trends, technologies, and methodologies and design and implement technical and process oriented countermeasures
• Monitor and research current industry security emerging threat metrics, technology best practices, security posture, tools, threat detection and counter measures, analysis, and formulate process improvement
• Acts as a technical information security reviewer of requirements statements, detailed designs, implementation plans, and other documents produced during the systems development process
• Measure and communicate vulnerability management related risks to various stakeholders including business units, infrastructure organizations and management
• Maintain and coordinate security controls for Windows servers, workstations, Unix/Linux servers, and other infrastructure network services. This includes conducting system security reviews, patch management plans, risk mitigation and conformance plans
• Monitor, analyze and respond to various suspicious security events
• Hands on experience in engineering and supporting Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools like ArcSight, QRadar, Splunk, etc.
Voted Best Places to Work 3 years running Money Magazine !!! Western Asset Management Company is a global fixed-income investment firm headquartered in Pasadena, California, with nine offices on five continents and $436 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2016. The firm offers institutional and retail investors a broad range of core, sector-specific, and customized bond portfolios across every sector of the bond market. The company utilizes a team-based investment approach and has focused exclusively on fixed-income securities since its founding in 1971. It has gained industry recognition for its history of superior, long-term investment returns
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 09:01:08 PDT